"to get your ducks in a row"
to become organized;
to be prepared
Paul went to see his doctor recently for his annual physical check-up. Paul's doctor told Paul that he needs to lose some weight or he will have health problems. Paul's doctor gave Paul a list of suggestions to help Paul lose weight. The list included:
Exercise every day;
Eat 7 - 9 servings of vegetables each day;
Stop eating fatty foods and candies;
Get at least 8 hours of sleep every night
Paul decides that he must get organized and:
make a schedule of daily activities;
make a list for healthy grocery shopping;
join a fitness facility;
stop watching television at 10pm and go to bed
When Paul achieves these four tasks, he will have started to get his ducks in a row.
A man is proposing a new business venture to his banker ...
Banker: OK. Show me your capital expenditure schedule.
Man: I don't have that.
Banker: OK. Then show me your five year business plan.
Man: I don't have that either.
Banker: What do you have?
Man: I have a great idea.
Banker: That's fine but in order for the bank to give you a loan, you need to get your ducks in a row.
Getting your ducks in a row can be a great way to become successful.
1) I get my ducks in a row by preparing well.
2) You get your ducks in a row when you research the topic.
3) He gets his ducks in a row before every lecture he gives.
4) She gets her ducks in a row when she completes her checklist.
5) The government rarely gets its ducks in a row.
6) We get our ducks in a row when we study the opposing team and discuss strategy before the game.
7) You (all) get your ducks in a row by ensuring you (all) have the necessary paperwork.
8) They get their ducks in a row when they have everything they need prepared.
9) Get your ducks in a row. The best buyer tip is be prepared.
10) Do use LinkedIn - but make sure you get your ducks in a row first.
11) As other posters have suggested, gather the evidence, get your ducks in a row and simply confront him with the truth.
12) Stop appealing to authority and get your ducks in a row instead.
13) When you team up with another business for a joint venture, get your ducks in a row first.
14) Even if you start getting your ducks in a row now, it can all work out swimmingly come sale time.
15) Any working mother will tell you getting your ducks in a row will save your sanity.
16) Davis is getting his ducks in a row, prepping to make a splash probably after the super bowl.
17) And Trish Carter was taking her time "getting my ducks in a row" before tackling it full time.
18) As usual, I'll still be getting my ducks in a row until the last minute.
19) That should give us forty-eight hours to get our ducks in a row.
20) Today we're getting our ducks in a row (laundry, internet, food, post office).