"to get your foot in the door"
to obtain some kind of advantage at the beginning of a bigger or longer process
Related words and phrases:
I very much want to get a job at a fantastic company where my friend works. If I give my resume to my friend and he gives it to the personnel manager,
do you think this will help me get my foot in the door?
Sam is a fantastic marathon runner. He has been running marathons for years. Sam is telling a friend that a person does not begin the process by running marathons but that
a person gets their foot in the door simply by jogging around the block.
A person then continues to run farther and farther each time until they can run a full marathon.
Getting your foot in the door can be a fantastic way to begin something new.
1) I get my foot in the door when I know someone.
2) You get your foot in the door by introducing yourself.
3) He gets his foot in the door by giving a free gift.
4) She gets her foot in the door by taking a lesser job in the hopes of a future promotion.
5) Food Company D gets its foot in the door by offering free samples at the supermarket.
6) We get our foot in the door by doing something that will allow us to be noticed.
7) You (all) get your foot in the door when you wait outside for the boss to come out.
8) They get their foot in the door when their qualifications are higher than anyone else.
9) One of the best places to get your foot in the door is to become a certified nurse assistant (CNA).
10) Make sure you don't bid too low just to get your foot in the door.
11) I think for a younger artist, it's difficult to get your foot in the door.
12) Do you have an architectural background and looking to get your foot in the door with an architectural practice? This could be an ideal opportunity. I'm keen to get my foot in the door of the Chinese property market.
13) Are there any ways to get my foot in the door other than going back to school?
14) My priority is to get my foot in the door, get playing and progress.
15) Getting your foot in the door isn't an easy task.
16) Does the idea of getting your foot in the door of a big business seem like a million miles away?
17) Average business owners like yourself have the hardest time getting your foot in the door when compared to the larger corporations.
18) You can get into the games industry just by getting your foot in the door with a job like Customer Service.
19) When you are the sole person responsible for the product, getting a foot in the door can be laboured.
20) For the school leaver, internships are a means of getting a foot in the door.