"to get your hands on"
1) to find or obtain something, often with some difficulty
2) to get something in your grasp, especially to do harm
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: You were gone a long time. Did you find what we needed in the basement archives?
Colleague 2: It was not easy but after four hours of searching, I managed to get my hands on the report we really needed.
Colleague 1: Good job. Let's take a look.
Two parents are talking ...
Mother: Have you seen your son?
Father: No. Why?
Mother: He broke my favorite vase. When I get my hands on him, he will wish he had not played with his ball in the house.
Father: We have told him so many times about not playing with his ball in the house. He deserves to be punished.
Getting his hands on the newest cell phone was not easy.
Getting his hands on the person that wronged him, he chastised him completely.
1) ... accomplish this, advertisers and their agencies are using any benchmark they can get their hands on to measure success.
2) It's a hot commodity and everybody who is anybody wants to get their hands on it.
3) ... to be an entrepreneur should read everything about starting a business they can get their hands on and talk to as many entrepreneurs as they can.
4) The first thing many want to do when they get their hands on SharePoint is to change its look and feel, often to match corporate brand ...
5) These guys would eat anything they could get their hands on in the hopes that it would help add muscle to their frames.
6) I continue to read everything I can get my hands on about vitamins and supplements, and I've learned a lot and been reminded ...
7) I love reading your blog and can't wait to get my hands on the book.
8) Very useful information; however I personally wouldn't wait 75 days to get my hands on a domain name if I was setting up a business.
9) I would personally hang them if I could get my hands on them.
10) ... and it comes back as a fake also. I would love to get my hands on the scam artists here! Don't buy it!
11) Are you excited to get your hands on BlackBerry 10? Let us know what feature you're looking forward to the ...
12) If you have a web-shop, how would you like to get your hands on these rising numbers?
13) I highly recommend it though if you can get your hands on one.
14) You'll make a fortune. Now you'll just have to get your hands on a time machine.
15) I'm going to reveal exactly how you can get your hands on this thing for much less than you think.
16) ... who wants to lash out at anyone he can get his hands on.
17) And he wanted to study science. But first, he needed to get his hands on some advanced books. And that was a problem.
18) Chase Jarvis was lucky enough to get his hands on a beta version of the D7000 and wrote a detailed review for it.
19) I'm sure the younger of the brothers would love to get his hands on him.
20) ... was known for his appetite -- he ate nonstop, anything he could get his hands on.