"to give any thought to"
to reflect upon something;
to consider something;
to think about something a lot
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Sales are really picking up. Every sales route has expanded by at least fifty percent. It's at the point where salespeople are only able to see each customer once every two weeks.
Colleague 2: Have you given any thought to breaking up the routes and hiring more salespeople?
Colleague 1: I hadn't really considered that as I was just concentrating on the increased sales but I guess I should think about breaking up the routes.
A husband and wife are talking ...
Husband: My annual vacation is coming up soon. You know I don't usually give any thought to where we might go.
Wife: I have been thinking about it a great deal. I think that this year we should go somewhere really different.
Husband: What have you got in mind?
Wife: Well, I picked up some travel brochures for Tibet, Madagascar and The Galapagos Islands.
Giving some thought to an important decision is wise.
1) ... is prompting many to plan for retirement, all too few of us give any thought to what services we might need in our advanced years.
2) ...few city planners give any thought to disabled walkers.
3) I wonder if people ever give any thought to what exactly the troops are doing.
4) ... whether private individuals or local authorities, give any thought to the working conditions of those who provide that care.
5) I don't think they give any thought to the fact that the money they are receiving was earned by someone else.
6) ... name on the map. It was not a place I had ever given any thought to.
7) I was feeling guilty that I hadn't even given any thought to what I was going to do for those in need during this season of ...
8) Webb asked Rushlow if he had given any thought to how different the fire would have been if there had been sprinklers.
9) Everything is ready to go. I haven't given any thought to do what I might do if we don't start on time because I ...
10) I was only young and hadn't given any thought to starting a family.
11) Classes are constructed. The reality is no-one gives any thought to which teacher will get which class until the principle has knowledge of who will ...
12) ... topsoil, a humble thing no one but a serious, intelligent farmer gives any thought to.
13) It seems that some people are content to just eat whatever without actually giving any thought to whether it's good for you.
14) Oops! I signed up to the website this morning without giving any thought to this malevolent behavior.
15) Budgeting also remains a major concern with only 52 per cent giving any thought to financial goals, spending habits and ways to manage money.
16) I never actually gave any thought to what Greg was playing as far as the melody of the flute ...
17) had the lottery dream and even played the lottery on occasion, but I never gave any thought to money and the mind-body-spirit connection.
18) ... makes me wonder if the programmer who set this page up gave any thought to what happens if there is an infinite number of comments.
19) Of course, I never gave any thought to where the stone might end up once it disappeared out of view ...
20) We never gave any thought to this line of reasoning, because we were just naturally pragmatic.