"to give no quarter"
to be very strict in enforcing one's beliefs;
to exert one's superiority in a situation by not giving anything to anyone
Related words and phrases:
A teacher is addressing his students about an upcoming exam ...
Teacher: I hope everyone is ready to study on the weekend in preparation for Monday's exam.
Student: But, sir, this week was student council elections. We have all been so very busy. Is there any way that you could give us a couple more days?
Teacher: Sorry. I will give no quarter. The exam is Monday.
A collective groan rises from all the students.
A couple are talking about getting married...
Man: I expect you to stay home and keep the house and raise the children after we're married.
Woman: Really? This is the twenty-first century?
Man: Call me old-fashioned!
Woman: It is a rather old-fashioned notion. Is there any negotiation possible. I really would like to work.
Man: I can give no quarter on this subject. My mind is fixed.
Woman: Well. I will have to reconsider getting married to you then.
Giving no quarter could be considered harsh behavior.
1) I give no quarter when it comes to any form of inequality.
2) You give no quarter when it comes to any form of inequality.
3) He gives no quarter when it comes to any form of inequality.
4) She gives no quarter when it comes to any form of inequality.
5) The company gives no quarter when it comes to unfair hiring practices.
6) We give no quarter when it comes to any form of inequality.
7) You (all) give no quarter when it comes to any form of inequality.
8) They give no quarter when it comes to any form of inequality.
9) I become the parent I never wanted to be. I give no quarter, dragging Janni into her room for the slightest infraction.
10) Which is why "those qualified to be climate scientists" give no quarter to anybody who even mildly questions their particular brand of consensus.
11) If people question your statement, you can give no quarter. Do not give them an inch.
12) Take no prisoners, give no quarter, go hard and then go home.
13) Be brave in facing her, hunter, as she will give no quarter!
14) The strategy is to give no quarter, make no concessions, and to fight every battle.
15) They deserve to be given no quarter.
16) The Palestinians would have been given no quarter on this issue, held to the obligations of a sovereign state.
17) The Irish are given no quarter by the British, 500 are slaughtered, many more are hung later.
18) Prisoners are given no quarter and the book starts with their methodical execution.
19) Coren gives no quarter to those responsible for the sexual crimes.
20) The principal reason that shame gives no quarter in which to reserve oneself is that shame is of the body.