Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Are you a glass-half-full or glass-half-empty type of person?
Friend 2: I suppose it depends on the circumstances but I am generally a pessimist.
Friend 1: Then you are a glass-half-empty kind of person.
Friend 2: OK. What about you?
Friend 1: I tend to be a glass-half-full type.
Friend 2: Then you are an optimist.
Friend 1: Yes.
Two coworkers are talking ...
Coworker 1: I hear you're going to lose your job because of the merger.
Coworker 2: Yes. It's terrible.
Coworker 1: I'm sorry.
Coworker 2: I'll probably go broke, lose my house and family and end up living on the street.
Coworker 1: That's a glass-half-empty attitude.
Coworker 2: I usually look at the worst case scenario.
There is no gerund form for glass-half-empty.
1) This is, after all, how to manifest good stuff. Glass half empty is negative. It doesn't allow the universe to give you gifts.
2) I had to be gently reminded that its core, the whole " glass half empty or half full " enigma is all about our perception of the world around us
3) I take it you're a " glass half empty " kind of guy.:) Personally, I have a certain naive optimism.
4) Morning all. Glass half empty day for me today, could be an extended hangover from a heavy weekend.
5) Talk about glass half empty! Sure, the season could suck.
6) Cynic and glass half empty type that I am, I am seriously worried that this will become bad.
7) If you believe I am a glass half empty lady how do I change?
8) An optimist sees the glass half full of water; a pessimist sees the glass half empty; the realist just sees and opportunity to quench their thirst.
9) Hmmm, most Guardian readers seem to be glass half empty kind of people.
10) You can argue that the recession was deeper than we previously thought (glass half empty) or that the recovery is a little quicker than we thought (glass half full).
11) I had an equally glass half empty reaction to the latest deregulatory proposals.
12) There is good and bad in all countries. British people do see the glass half empty, Americans half full. You rarely hear Australians complaining about their country.
13) These glass half empty types are typically the very fickle and very opinionated loud-mouth types.
14) At that time, in a glass half empty kind of view on things, he only liked the driving and hated everything else.
15) Take your pick as to whether this adds up to a glass half empty or half full. # Making this judgment leads us squarely back to public attitudes.
16) But maybe I'm just too cynical, always seeing the glass half empty.
17) Are you the type of person that always sees the glass half empty, always finds a reason why it can't be done.
18) I think you are a glass half empty kind of guy, don't waste this opportunity to profit and have some fun.
19) After all this is the land of the glass half empty. We have it harder, so much harder than everyone else. Pity us.
20) Cernan says the retreat from space has given him a "glass half empty" feeling. Others are angrier.