"to go missing"
to become lost
Related words and phrases:
Two supervisors are talking ...
Supervisor 1: Have you seen the inventory sheets?
Supervisor 2: Aren't they in the cabinet where they always are?
Supervisor 1: No. I've already checked there.
Supervisor 2: Well, we're the only two people who ever use those sheets so I guess they've gone missing.
Supervisor 1: Seems strange that they would just disappear.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Have you heard about Frank?
Friend 2: No. Did something happen to his sailboat?
Friend 1: You could say that. I've just had a report that he and his entire boat went missing yesterday.
Friend 2: You think he's lost?
Friend 1: Apparently, his boat just disappeared off the radar. The search and rescue team have found nothing.
There is no gerund form for go missing.
1) By sending your message as HTML, it's likely that it will go missing before it even gets a chance to reach your client.
2) Do you have any idea of how many tourists go missing and get murdered in Australia?
3) A lot of people that go missing are young.
4) When both Perrin and Allie go missing, Mac is determined to get to the bottom of the bizarre case.
5) Some of those weapons and ingredients might go missing as the civil war grinds on.
6) I've also had my other cat go missing about a month ago.
7) Cats hide when there is a danger present and go missing days before an earthquake.
8) Call your local animal shelter and report your cat has gone missing along with all the relevant details.
9) The title character's CD player has gone missing and he spends the whole episode trying to figure out who took it.
10) That man has gone missing.
11) Numerous journalists have gone missing or been detained without charge, and many said they were tortured in custody.
12) I'm finding that more and more Americans have "gone missing" rather than just disappearing.
13) The re-building story has gone missing.
14) Hundreds of those firearms have gone missing.
15) Not one ounce of uranium has gone missing or is unaccounted for.
16) 7 trillion dollars went missing from our retirement accounts when the Banks collapsed.
17) These are, no doubt, discussions that went missing among policymakers as they dreamed up and passed these laws.
18) The most that went missing was some shampoo.
19) The Associated Press reports a 63 year old woman went missing from the cruise ship between Cabo and San Diego.
20) What happened to famed aviator Amelia Earhart when she went missing over the South Pacific 75 years ago?