"to go pear-shaped"
to go (badly) wrong;
to go awry
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: How did the software update on your laptop go?
Colleague 2: I'm afraid that it went pear-shaped. All I have now is a blue screen.
Colleague 1: Sorry to hear that the update failed. I guess you will have to start over.
Colleague 2: Sure. And lose all my data.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Are you excited for our camping trip this weekend?
Friend 2: Our plans have gone pear-shaped.
Friend 1: Do you mean the weather forecast?
Friend 2: Violent thunderstorms with hail will make for a miserable camping experience. We are going to have to cancel our trip.
Going pear-shaped their plans for a camping weekend were canceled due to rain.
1) ... disaster escape plan but an alternative career plan if things in your current industry go pear-shaped.
2) ... with a shedload of backup options and redundancies in case things go pear-shaped.
3) ... all of this in a backpack, with some clothes. Now if things go pear-shaped, you can grab it and go. Its not that bad mate.
4) If the economy is about to go pear-shaped, it would be better to let an Abbott government take the blame.
5) Usually I do reply, but things can go pear-shaped and your email or enquiry gets lost amidst my email clutter.
6) ... they created through their own actions, then crying tears of self-pity because things went pear-shaped.
7) ... a way to restore my phone to how it was before if the update went pear-shaped.
8) ... his worst ever game only a few weeks ago, where everything he touched went pear-shaped.
9) Their big manager hire went pear-shaped, doomed even before it began.
10) But he didn't just stand idly by while everything went pear-shaped. He got on the phone to the helpline of the ...
11) ... would be to force a poor choice on to him and if it all goes pear shaped how would you live with yourself.
12) ... and unimportant items, but don't complain in 15 years when it all goes pear shaped because you don't have a "suitable" partner.
13) I am one of many of those people who care and when it all goes pear shaped, will be there to help put the pieces back together again.
14) It's just a matter of time, when things goes pear shaped, and the honest worker will end up losing their entire savings in their ...
15) ... so long as you didn't start blaming others when it all goes pear shaped for you.
16) ... as I knew it disappeared and was gone forever. Everything went pear shaped and the life that I had been living was over.
17) ... taken as merely included as a caveat and fall back position in case things went pear shaped (as they have.)
18) ... would be the best way to try a fun colour -- if it all went pear shaped I could just cut the ends off.
19) ... bank a realistic estimation of what might be a recoverable value if the loan went pear shaped.
20) I merely point out the event where it all went pear shaped for him and the mistake that caused it.