"to go the extra mile"
to make more effort than is expected of you
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I heard that Susan is going to win the Employee of the Year award this year.
Colleague 2: That should come as no surprise. Susan is always willing to go the extra mile. She stays late whenever she is asked. She works weekends when necessary. She also gets the company involved with volunteer community projects.
Colleague 1: Susan deserves the award for always doing far more that what is expected.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Carl is such a good friend.
Friend 2: He is the best. He always goes the extra mile for his friends.
Friend 1: Last year, when I lost my job, without being asked, Carl took the time to call all of his contacts to try to help me find a new job.
Friend 1: When I took holidays last month, he volunteered to look after my dog. I was ready to put my dog in a kennel.
Friend 2: We can count ourselves blessed to have such a friend.
Going the extra mile helped ensure making the sale.
1) ... also get a reputation for being dependable because you always go the extra mile to make sure you always deliver.
2) ... is largely in the hands of our hardworking park team who always go the extra mile to make guests feel welcome and at home.
3) She is always willing to go the extra mile for a student or a staff member. She individualizes learning experiences for each student.
4) I'll do it well but I'm not going to go the extra mile. I'm going to do the bare minimum.
5) ... from best practice, adapt their services and if they can, go the extra mile so they are fully inclusive.
6) ... if you aren't willing to lose sleep and go the extra mile every single time it's going to be hard to succeed.
7) ... it recognises those who go the extra mile, who give up their time to help others, who put themselves second to ...
8) ... and that gives us more motivation to go out there and go the extra mile to serve the community and fulfill our mission.
9) This requires the redoubling of efforts and the need to go the extra mile to identify and reach the most marginalized segments of society.
10) ... those they serve, they must demonstrate that they are prepared to go the extra mile to protect lives and property.
11) I love my job and I don't mind going the extra mile. I always want to be the best at whatever I do.
12) To go 'beyond' means constantly exceeding customer expectations, always going the extra mile and pushing beyond boundaries.
13) ... are a fantastic opportunity to celebrate their hard work and efforts in going the extra mile to help raise the bar nationally.
14) ... can't think of anyone that would be mad at you for going the extra mile.
15) Officers even went the extra mile by giving the family a vehicle escort till they had cleared the area.
16) The union leader said this was the reason the governor went the extra mile to rehabilitate the road without delay ...
17) High praise to all the teachers and administrators who went the extra mile to make these students feel as comfortable as possible in their new surroundings.
18) ... awards shone a light on those who have achieved over adversity or gone the extra mile to make their community a better place.
19) ... the team has already gone the extra mile with its volunteering and fundraising activities.
20) We have gone the extra mile to achieve this- repeatedly offering dialogue to resolve all outstanding issues but ...