"to go to hell in a handbasket"
to degenerate quickly and decisively
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How's your business going?
Friend 2: Not so well.
Friend 1: What happened?
Friend 2: Well, in the beginning, everything was going really well. Profits were rising. I had a great staff. Everything was running smoothly.
Friend 1: And?
Friend 1: Then one of my suppliers started to become unreliable and everything else went to hell in a handbasket. Profits fell. My good employees started quitting. It was like all of a sudden everything was bad.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How are you and Julie getting along?
Friend 2: Terrible. It's like I can't seem to sustain a long-term relationship. Inevitably, right at the two-year mark of the relationship, it all goes to hell in a handbasket.
Friend 1: Sorry to hear that, buddy.
Going to hell in a handbasket is not a pleasant experience.
1) Plan for everything going to hell in a handbasket next month.
2) When prices went down that is when things went to hell in a handbasket. Inventory levels are currently at 19k.
3) ... how can it come to the conclusion that Canada is going to hell in a handbasket with respect to e-learning?
4) When the world goes to hell in a handbasket, I want to be assured that I own my house and not the bank ...
5) These people genuinely think that the US is going to hell in a handbasket and that their children (it's always about the children) will have to ...
6) Are you convinced that the world's going to hell in a handbasket on the basis of the predictions and what's been happening for the last 10 years?
7) Okay, so we all know it's going to hell in a handbasket. We just don't know when.
8) This all sounds like a business headed for hell in a handbasket, or a breakup, or simple sale.
9) ... yeah this place has really gone to hell in a handbasket ...... thanks to years of media subversion & brainwashing.
10) ... public are duped by this into thinking we really are going to hell in a handbasket.
11) They all know the United States is going to hell in a handbasket and they're too cowardly to step up and try to stop it.
12) Economically and fiscally, we're as steadily on the way to hell in a handbasket as we've ever been.
13) If things are going to hell in a handbasket why is our life expectancy steadily improving? These are inconvenient questions.
14) ... past was a Golden Age and that Western civilization is going to hell in a handbasket -- which it really, really isn't.
15) We've been going to hell in a handbasket ever since Kennedy was shot.
16) ... contrary to their belief that the whole digital world is going to hell in a handbasket because of excessive " control " by corporate actors, in reality, things are ...
17) Sometimes it feels like the whole world is going to hell in a handbasket (I get a lot of anxiety around the Euro crisis).
18) Who loves war at the expense of our country going to hell in a handbasket?
19) Yes, our society is' going to hell in a handbasket'. What do we do? We start with ourselves.
20) That all went to hell in a handbasket with M. O'Hare!