"to go with the flow"
to do what seems like the easiest thing in a particular situation
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: What are you doing this weekend?
Friend 2: No specific plans. I almost never have plans. I'll just do whatever the group is doing.
Friend 1: That's a very relaxed attitude.
Friend 2: I like to go with the flow. Very peaceful, you know.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Are you ready to sell this new client?
Colleague 2: I am really not sure what to expect in the meeting. This prospective client seems to change plans often and abruptly. I have a number of contingency offers on hand. I think I will just gauge the situation as the meeting progresses.
Colleague 1: Sort of go with the flow kind of thing?
Colleague 2: Exactly.
Going with the flow, she just did what everyone else was doing.
1) Some are more 'go with the flow' people - rather than planners. Some people are traditionalists who follow the rules.
2) ...evolution seemed more or less like a "go with the flow" kind of process. There was no real thought process or brain power behind ...
3) ... but if you go with the flow then accept that we are going nowhere fast!
4) Sometimes you have to forget what you know and just go with the flow.
5) Still too easy and lucrative to go with the flow, lots more pain needed at all levels to break the equilibria.
6) ... to sort things out, the harder it makes things, and going with the flow (surrendering) is usually the easier path to take.
7) Instead of just going with the flow, I have to start directing it. That may mean setting a time limit ...
8) All the while, keep in mind that going with the flow isn't necessarily the best way to stand out from the crowd.
9) I didn't stress myself about it, I was just going with the flow.
10) Be easygoing. Going with the flow of things is often the best way to deal with idiots.
11) I just went with the flow and had no real plan in life about what I wanted to do.
12) I didn't really expect anything; just went with the flow.
13) ... happened because I stopped charting, I stopped stressing and I just went with the flow.
14) She never got sad or upset she just went with the flow.
15) I just kind of went with the flow and ended up where the world took me.
16) He is easy-going, relaxed, kind of just goes with the flow. If something doesn't go to plan, it doesn't bother him at ...
17) Only a dead fish goes with the flow.
18) I'm a planner, Nathan goes with the flow. It made for an interesting first few months of marriage but now we've ...
19) She loves his spontaneous side, how he goes with the flow without over-thinking things.
20) She's rather passive and goes with the flow.