"to goof around"
to act silly, playfully or foolishly without a clear purpose
Related words and phrases:
Two teachers are talking ...
Teacher 1: Some days I think that I will go crazy.
Teacher 2: Tough class?
Teacher 1: It is just one student who keeps goofing around in class.
Teacher 2: The student plays and jokes and makes the whole class laugh and then it's hard to get everyone settled down again?
Teacher 1: Ya, that's it.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Tonight's party should be a lot of fun.
Friend 2: Is Brian going to be there?
Friend 1: Yes he is.
Friend 2: That's awesome! Brian is always so much fun. He loves to goof around.
Goofing around in class can get you into trouble.
1) What are those guys doing goofing around shining that flashlight in the windows like that - trying to scare us?
2) Most instructors will not tolerate excessive talking or goofing around in the dojo.
3) Rather strange to see our team on your blog, goofing around we are serious sometimes but not often, we love to stamp and we ...
4) ... he seems intimidating, but once he starts goofing around and getting into trouble, you see that he's just a doofus, ...
5) I love goofing around to try to make her laugh.
6) But all this exhaustion and goofing around reminds me of something I've been trying to credit more: ordinary laughter ...
7) There are pictures of my husband and I goofing around and being silly and just enjoying our lives together.
8) ... imagine him, as a kid, goofing around with his friend... jokingly stealing ...
9) ... there are many short, slow motion scenes of soldiers goofing around, smiling, laughing, generally showing their friendship.
10) We all had loads of fun swimming and goofing around and after several hours in the water we went back to our spot in ...
11) We goof around and then we don't get anything done!
12) ... you would have seen that two committed educators like to goof around quite a bit. The fun and enthusiasm that is brought about through play ...
13) Contrary to popular perception, young workers are not killed or injured because they goof around or because they are immature.
14) He's a real kind of goofball. He'd goof around a lot and sometimes it'd be hard to get him to focus on ...
15) It's just me. I'm just Bubba. I goof around. I joke around.
16) I had a good time and goofed around a bit, as you do.
17) ... they goofed around and found regular joy and bantered back and forth like old friends.
18) We goofed around with them and joked around. They were real funny, man.
19) I wonder how much they might be missing out. They have never goofed around with friends, passed notes during class, never stepped out of line, ...
20) But, we never goofed around with our guns. Our fathers taught us proper respect.