an activity from which people make a lot of money very easily
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: You sure have an amazing job. You work maybe ten hours a week and make an extraordinary amount of money. You get eight weeks vacation every year. You have full health and dental coverage. And perhaps most amazing of all, you get a year-end bonus equal to your total yearly salary.
Colleague 2: I am very happy to be riding this very lucrative gravy train.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I am worried about my son. He is a grown adult now and I have always given him the best of everything. I have given him a huge allowance and all the toys he could want. He has cars and motorcycles and boats and game systems and a home theatre. I have always sent him to the best schools. What happens when he has to make it on his own in life?
Friend 2: Perhaps you should cut off his gravy train so that he can start to learn to earn his own way.
Friend 1: You are probably right but it will be a big shock for my son.
There is no gerund form for gravy train.
1) ... interest in not reporting anything inconvenient. Thus, their interest is to keep the gravy train going and justify their own position and salary.
2) ... and give away the rest of our so called gravy train rebate, and carry on with their borrowing and squandering policies.
3) ... to manipulate the economy and the politicians jumped on it to keep themselves on the gravy train.
4) I was on that gravy train, making a high wage in a science job that would not have existed ...
5) ... this a case of deliberate fraud by Warmist scientists hell bent on keeping their funding gravy train rolling?
6) ... a certain number of Americans are looking to ride the gravy train and vote Democrat because it offers them an ability to not work.
7) So you have obviously missed the point. Yes we know DVDs are still a gravy train, but the writing is on the wall and no one seems to care.
8) ... the purpose of squeezing out any research voices that threaten the multi-million dollar government grant gravy train.
9) After all they have been riding a pretty nice Gravy Train of perks.
10) Why go through all of these hassles when I can ride the gravy train?
11) No way I'm raising a bunch of lazy freeloaders! That gravy train of nurturing, gradual learning, and unconditional love has to end some time.
12) The gravy train is near the end of the line for you parasites.
13) Those who are riding on the gravy train will never vote to turn their pleasure cruise into a bus trip to work.
14) ... once private sector businesses and individuals are on the gravy train, they figure that they should milk the funding as long as they can.
15) ... they don't grasp reality in general. They have a $16 Trillion Gravy train they have been riding on and nobody wants to pay the conductor.
16) ... of more free goodies for everyone, it won't be much longer before the gravy train runs out.
17) ... administrative class, hoping to polish up their CV's and get on that consultant gravy train when they retire asap.
18) Term limits will keep people that love the gravy train from having too much gravy without working for the ingredients.
19) Peace with Israel would cut off the gravy train that has made Palestinian leaders multimillionaires, including Arafat's widow and daughter.
20) They were greedy and thought they were getting on a gravy train.