"(to be) green with envy"
to be very jealous of the success of others
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: That Richard is such a lucky fellow. He married the boss's beautiful daughter. He is on a fast track for success. He lives in a fabulous mansion and drives a fancy sports car.
Colleague 2: It sounds like you are a little envious of Richard.
Colleague 1: Envious? I am green with envy!
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Look at May. She is always so well and trendily dressed. Her complexion is flawless. She has a fantastic boyfriend and an excellent job. I wish I could be even a little like her.
Friend 2: Jealous much?
Friend 1: My life sucks so bad that May makes me green with envy.
Being green with envy does not put a person in a good mood to make rational decisions.
1) But on the other hand, it may just make some of us green with envy that we aren't students there.
2) ... years experience and a track record in the game that would leave most green with envy, Owens is now able to show off the full depth of his talents.
3) ... glamour models look good enough to eat but will not turn your girlfriend green with envy - because they are made entirely of cabbage.
4) ... for an extravaganza the likes of which would turn even Paris Hilton green with envy?
5) Haters are just so green with envy.
6) ... support Chris who looked like the proud father-to-be. We're all green with envy at the sight of this perfect picture.
7) You're losers - green with envy and want to destroy someone who has more talent and ability than you do.
8) I would think that Americans and citizens of most other countries should be green with envy at what you have in your country.
9) ... having turned green with envy at the thought of my father and sister attending the show.
10) Once you are green with envy, you tend to lose focus on your own goals and forget about the good ...
11) That yogurt story makes me utterly green with envy of John's ability to be concise.
12) Your friends will be green with envy as you strut around the party in your sparkler adorned digs.
13) Possibly it should be about making them green with envy that they either can not go to a place like Bhutan, or Borneo or ...
14) ... they would make Joseph Goebbel's red arm band turn green with envy. It is an impressive force, the best ever.
15) ... lives to avoid being bored, and enough relative status not to be green with envy of their fellows.
16) ... along with being impeccably groomed and well-spoken, that they make you turn green with envy. If you want to be one of those people ...
17) I could be more like you, yes, but will NOT turn green with envy that she has what I don't!
18) Liz is one of those mums who makes you green with envy. Dream pregnancy, dream birth, dream baby.
19) Surely, the executive positions held by her would leave many green with envy.
20) ... strange experiences we get to have while other people sit at home, green with envy.