a reaction based on instinct or feeling rather than logical analysis
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Why did you stop the production line yesterday? That's going to cost the company a lot of money in down time.
Colleague 2: It was a gut response. My subconscious just screamed at me to do it.
Colleague 1: But what was your rational thought process?
Colleague 2: There wasn't one. I just knew there was something wrong.
Colleague 1: Interesting that after we quality-checked some of the stock, it turned out that there was indeed a slight defect.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I can't believe that you ran into that burning airplane to save those people.
Friend 2: Me neither. It was just a gut response. I didn't really think of the danger. Instinct just kicked in and I had to help.
Friend 1: Good for you. Now you are a hero.
There is no gerund form for gut response.
1) A lot of people initially have that gut response because the word 'hate' is so charged.
2) When you're choosing a role, it has to be your own gut response so I don't generally ask her about ...
3) I had an immediate gut response to this woman, and it was not good.
4) ... too demonstrative. It's not really a cerebral reaction, it's more a gut response.
5) But in other cases, the gut response may prove right, but your brain can toy with you, and convince ...
6) ... understandable and human, but it's also not fair, and with time that gut response should subside for anyone with even a tiny sliver of compassion.
7) ... no strategy, no clear Plan B, and it based its decision on a gut response more than on a clear evaluation of ...
8) When you don't take the time to define your problems, your gut response will be to throw money at a problem.
9) He has asked me to be the best man and my gut response was to say no -- I don't know how I could make a ...
10) There's a personal loss. I had a gut response on a personal level.
11) There was indeed a gut response to the cliffhanger by some people. I think after that shock wore off ...
12) ... that the government is "looking to make a point" based on a "gut response" rather than evidence.
13) ... reason will melt away and the choice will boil down to a gut response.
14) There's an immediate gut response that it's the husband.
15) Trust your gut response and don't over-think this.
16) ... common sense and vote on what they know of the candidates and not just on gut response.
17) I definitely work really hard now to control my gut response.
18) I'll first acknowledge that my gut response to statute of limitation laws has always been one of revulsion.
19) When a credit card company offers to boost your limit, your gut response may be to reject it.
20) Officers should be judged by the legal process, not the gut response people have when they view a video.