"half the battle"
a significant part of the work or effort needed to make completing a task much easier
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: That's great. You have got management to agree in principle to your proposal. That is half the battle won.
Colleague 2: I agree that getting management to be interested is a significant start but there is still a lot of work to do in crafting the perfect proposal.
Colleague 1: I don't think your proposal needs to be perfect. Management has already shown their interest. Start getting the main points in order and take it back to management. That way you keep them involved through the process and you avoid going down the wrong roads.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Now that my children are getting a little older, I am having some trouble disciplining them.
Friend 2: Being consistent and following through on any threats of punishment is crucial. Half the battle is having your children realize that there will be consequences to their actions.
Friend 1: I suppose the most difficult aspect is actually following through with threats of punishment. Delivering the punishment is actually quite easy. It is no problem to take away a cell phone or restrict TV viewing time.
There is no gerund form for half the battle.
1) Half the battle is knowing who are the doubters and shouters you're letting undermine success.
2) Knowing the dirty details about your enemy is half the battle in conquering credit card bills.
3) ... a place where effective discipleship can take place. Knowing/identifying those things is half the battle and then doing something constructive with it is the other.
4) Working from a solid template is only half the battle; the other half is filling in the details.
5) Landing the internship is only half the battle, once in, students needs to learn how to reap the most benefits, ...
6) When it comes to viewing art, half the battle for any artist is manipulating the way in which the audience sees.
7) Calling the play and getting it set up was only half the battle, however. The Texas players still had to execute the play they called ...
8) Wanting to improve is more than half the battle. The rest comes from practice and trying to expand your perspective to see how ...
9) Europe's creation of a common market and currency was only half the battle -- and probably the less important half.
10) Great hardware is only half the battle. We painstakingly designed our Form software to have a simple, intuitive user experience.
11) Getting a good domain name is only half the battle.
12) I've got most of it figured out, but half the battle of reverse engineering is getting enough variation in the data to see the patterns.
13) Knowing what to do is half the battle, actually doing what you have to do is critical.
14) ... which is breaking them down into their respective amino acids, is only half the battle in the proper utilization of proteins. The other half is rebuilding the amino acids ...
15) If you get this part right half the battle is already won.
16) Understanding why it upsets you so much is really half the battle; knowing why it pushes your buttons will help you find more calm, effective ...
17) When it comes to working out, getting and staying motivated is half the battle. Motivation easily comes and goes.
18) ... attracting traffic and converting those visitors into leads is only half the battle. All too many potential customers get stuck in the middle of the marketing funnel ...
19) You can't be everything to everyone, but awareness is half the battle. Consider incentives for customers who reach spending goals.
20) Stick with the plan. Creating the plan and shopping is half the battle -- now you need to stick with it. Although my first meal plan included ...