"to hang out"
to simply occupy space without a specific purpose;
to just be with your friends without the need to do anything
Related words and phrases:
Young Stacy and Kim have been riding around their neighborhood on their bicycles for the past hour. They are beginning to become a little tired. They stop pedaling to have a short discussion ...
Stacy: "I'm getting a little tired. How about you?"
Kim: "Me, too. Let's go to the playground and just hang out."
Stacy: "Good idea. There's nothing else to do, really."
What do you like to do with your friends?
We like to watch a movie together.
We enjoy walking in the park together.
We often go to a restaurant and eat together.
Sometimes, we just like to hang out with each other and do nothing.
Hanging out with your best friend can be very enjoyable.
1) I hang out with my boss at lunch.
2) You hang out with your best friend every Sunday afternoon.
3) He hangs out with his children on Sunday mornings.
4) She hangs out at the mall, usually.
5) We hang out with the team after practice.
6) You (all) hang out with with your neighbors on quiet evenings.
7) They hang out with themselves, mostly.
8) I have a friend that I used to hang out with back in the 90s.
9) Why do you hang out with Veronica even though she's slightly rude to other people?
10) If you are a guy and hang out with ladies at work, people assume you're gay.
11) To work with him and become friends and hang out with him was exciting for me.
12) I guess you can call me a social chameleon. I am always hanging out with friends and I have friends everywhere.
13) If I'm not hanging out with friends, I feel alone.
14) What do you like about hanging out with Jack?
15) I don't know why you're friends with me, you could be hanging out with so much cooler people.
16) When you have things in common with someone and you like hanging out with them and laughing and having fun, you call that person a friend.
17) On the day of Faull's death, Syme said, he hung out with his neighbors watching a ballgame.
18) I've gone to the gym, aced classes, volunteered, hung out with my friends, even started seeing other people.
19) Jesus hung out with sinners.
20) During that time we spoke with, interviewed, and hung out with lots of people.