free from care, worry or anxiety
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: The stress of this job is killing me. Deadlines, sales quotas and the boss always breathing down my neck is just too much.
Colleague 2: If you were looking for a happy-go-lucky life, then high-powered corporate sales is definitely not for you.
Colleague 1: I agree. I need to start looking for something more relaxing, like nature photography or something.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Looks like we are going to have to change our weekend plans at the last minute. I sure hope Jason won't be too upset.
Friend 2: You are kidding, right? Jason is the most laid back happy-go-lucky guy I know. He won't care one little bit if the plans change.
There is no gerund form for happy-go-lucky.
1) Other former classmates described Mitt as a happy-go-lucky guy known less for his achievements and more for his pranks.
2) But that had been years ago, long before fresh-faced and happy-go-lucky Khloe had turned into the unhappy soul who couldn't for the life of her ...
3) Laid back, calm, easygoing, happy-go-lucky, unruffled, untroubled, informal, unceremonious, casual, and carefree.
4) ... transforms her lively, upbeat mother into a mass of tensions, and threatens the happy-go-lucky atmosphere of her home, ...
5) It rained, then snowed, a donated sound system was destroyed when a happy-go-lucky golden retriever pulled it off the table, ...
6) "He has a different presence about him," says Justin Rose. The happy-go-lucky kid from Northern Ireland has morphed into a cold-blooded killer on Sunday afternoons.
7) ... and it is perfectly natural for even the most put-together, happy-go-lucky, and self-assured people to shy away from self-awareness at times.
8) A happy-go-lucky, tiny ten-year-old who bounces around with a lot of gusto, enthusiasm, and ...
9) Then, some time passes, and she's the usual happy-go-lucky girl she was before anything happened.
10) ... who had never seen their brooding lead appear so happy-go-lucky.
11) In time, your boy can become a happy-go-lucky kid who feels free to take risks, mess up and bear all kinds of ...
12) The narrator as more of a terribly sad man, not just a happy-go-lucky thrill seeker.
13) There's a happy-go-lucky feeling to some of it: A nice spring day, put the top down ...
14) It was, in a sense, a Jekyll-and-Hyde moment because the happy-go-lucky Jeff Green in the locker room was an absolute monster on the floor .
15) The voice of my granddaughter's happy-go-lucky boyfriend sounded so strained that I was immediately concerned.
16) I grieved for a long time but after a while, Robert became the same happy-go-lucky child and life was good, life was livable again.
17) MS rears its ugly head and I'm left angry and confused. Normally a happy-go-lucky person, this is a hard mind-set for me to accept--but I do
18) While I'm a pretty happy-go-lucky kind-of person, sometimes, I can be shy.
19) Glen was bursting with life. Every day his huge smile and his happy-go-lucky optimism filled my classroom. He got along with all types of people, ...
20) Happily, he also has a goodly share of his happy-go-lucky father's genes.