"(to be) hard-hearted"
having or showing no kindness or sympathy for other people
Related words and phrases:
Two volunteers are talking ...
Volunteer 1: Can you imagine? The guy is a billionaire and all we need is fifty thousand dollars to keep the orphanage going and he wouldn't give a penny.
Volunteer 2: He is definitely a hard-hearted man. These poor orphans have suffered so much already. Hard to imagine that he doesn't feel any sympathy towards them.
Two roommates are talking ...
Roommate 1: I've got a real problem. My car broke down this month and I had to go to the dentist because a filling fell out. As a result of these unexpected expenditures, I'm going to be a little short on my half of next month's rent. Could you please help me?
Roommate 2: Your personal problems and finances are none of my concern. I'm not giving you any money. Ask your parents or something.
Roommate 1: That's a little hard-hearted of you.
Being hard-hearted the man refused to give a donation to the orphans.
1) May He forgive me for the hard-hearted cruelty with which I regarded their fate.
2) I've learned not to waste my time on people who are so hard-hearted they can't see past their bad experiences.
3) But those hard-hearted judges, Oh, how cruel they be to send us poor young lads to ...
4) Can ethics fashion the hard-hearted man anew, so that he becomes compassionate, ...
5) Today, people are soul dead, hard-hearted, without natural affection, cruel and ...
6) I'm a hard-hearted guy. I don't cry at sappy movies.
7) But, and this is a big but, he was also a hard-hearted narcissist who treated loyal employees like garbage.
8) ... they can't believe that the slaveholders can be so hard-hearted towards their slaves as to treat them with great cruelty.
9) If an unjust, hard-hearted judge can be moved by the persistent prayers of a widow, ...
10) But it is intimated by many that he was an uncharitable, hard-hearted, unfeeling wretch.
11) ... she has learned to be practical, even if it has made her appear hard-hearted.
12) We don't need the bible to tell us that there are evil hard-hearted men in control of our world.
13) Many people are so hard-hearted that it takes a tragedy to make them receptive to ...
14) If you find this to be inhuman and hard-hearted, I find you to be naive and presumptuous.
15) ... allow you to go and visit your mothers, and thinking that I am very hard-hearted because I do not let you go.
16) ... because you're just doomed to be an angry, bitter, hard-hearted person. In other words, a big loser.
17) You would have to be hard-hearted not to be moved by such a spectacle- either because of the struggle the child ...
18) You come across as proud, close-minded, hard-hearted, and unloving.
19) The overload demands triage. This is the term used to describe a hard-hearted way of sorting the wounded from battle that is also an established part of emergency ...
20) Bill is very hard-hearted and does not care how Nick feels.