"to have a bee in your bonnet"
to be very involved in something that you think is important, in a way that other people find annoying
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking at the mall ...
Friend 1: Oh, look, here comes Anne.
Friend 2: Let's zip around the corner and hope she doesn't notice us.
Friend 1: Why do you want to avoid Anne?
Friend 2: She has been talking non-stop about this new cause she is involved in and she's always trying to get other people involved. It gets a little annoying.
Friend 1: What's she got a bee in her bonnet about?
Friend 2: Does it matter?
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: The boss is driving me crazy.
Colleague 2: What's going on?
Colleague 1: This morning when I came out of the washroom, she asked how many paper towels I had used to dry my hands.
Colleague 2: She has seemed a little obsessed lately with cost-cutting initiatives.
Colleague 1: And I am OK with cost-cutting but her relentlessness is getting upsetting.
Colleague 2: Well, what can we do when the boss has a bee in her bonnet?
Colleague 1: Hope it passes?
Having a bee in your bonnet about other people's driving habits can cause irritation to your friends.
1) I really get a bee in my bonnet when my fellow women intellectuals infer that every woman wears the burqa under duress.
2) I've a bee in my bonnet at the moment about why parents criticize each other and I agree we should celebrate ...
3) ... three older brothers so I've always had a bit of a bee in my bonnet about being able to do anything a guy could do,' she said.
4) One good suggestion, which has been a bee in my bonnet for many years, is strengthening the role of chambers of commerce and using them ...
5) ... do it because I enjoy it and because I have a bee in my bonnet I want to share -- maybe people might want to listen.
6) Another one, sorry but I have a bee in my bonnet over this one, is the family who do not buy speedy boarding but ask ...
7) I've got a bee in my bonnet about films and documentaries that concentrate on Cambodia but haven't yet been shown here ...
8) I get a bee in my bonnet sometimes and nothing will do but to hunt down whatever it is and solve the problem.
9) However Ive always had a bee in my bonnet about OMS products as they look very well constructed etc.
10) This is something which I've had a bee in my bonnet from a commercial perspective for a while now.
11) I know, I know. But he's just got a bee in his bonnet about women being horrible.
12) ... but he had something of a bee in his bonnet about it and used to return to this meme frequently ...
13) Aidan gets a bee in his bonnet over something and starts crying that I love Dylan more than I love him.
14) Harry's always going around opening windows. He's got a bee in his bonnet about fresh air.
15) ... invite such abuse from anyone anywhere in the world who has a bee in their bonnet about life in general or the tweeter in particular.
16) Once a local gets a bee in their bonnet about something, it can be a long time before they move on.
17) When the politicians get a bee in their bonnet they run around promoting a 'bill' with their so called 'ideas' ...
18) She once got a bee in her bonnet about the noise of the pump in the swimming pool, reckoned it was keeping ...
19) Why do you have such a bee in your bonnet regarding my querying the credentials of Rabi's rabbinic status?
20) ... you clearly have a bee in your bonnet about something and are using historical examples of bad people doing bad things in the ...