"to have a buzz on"
to be intoxicated by alcohol;
to be tipsy
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Are you feeling OK?
Friend 2: I feel great. I've just come from a party.
Friend 1: Do you have a little buzz on?
Friend 2: I had a couple of drinks.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: How was your lunch meeting with the new clients?
Colleague 2: They sure like to drink. I couldn't help but join them.
Colleague 1: I'm not sure the boss would appreciate you having a buzz on at work.
Having a buzz on means that you shouldn't be driving an automobile.
1) Bad eating is contagious, and there's a lot of camaraderie, whether you're studying or coming home from a party and you have a buzz on.
2) Some of them also appeared to have a buzz on. Had there been a pregame party somewhere, one of those private booze affairs usually reserved for donors and A-listers?
3) I’m not used to driving when I have a buzz on, and I don`t do that personally.
4) I was always drinkin' because, to me, having a 40-ounce bottle in your hand meant that not only did you have a buzz on, but you were armed.
5) I have had a few good ones in regards to people who may have had a buzz on, or are on medication that I don't use, but I have never felt threatened.
6) This is where the Ducky Gang would hang out, smoking cigarettes, drinking beer, and as the evening got later ... if you had had a buzz on, take a little walk with a chick and a blanket into the park ...
7) The Saturday night dance was the main social activity in town. A couple of hundred people crowded into the hall. Jack, as usual, had a buzz on.
8) I saw (Steve) Marriott about three or four times over the years and he always had a buzz on, of course, that’s just the way he was.
9) Short, gray-haired, overweight dude with a little stainless steel flask full of rum and already had a buzz on at 8 o’clock in the morning.
10) You didn't take your family there; you went by yourself, or with friends. If you had a buzz on, so much the better.
11) "I got a buzz on that's all I’m saying," Graham is heard saying on the video. "I did not hit that man."
12) He stated his behavior was “inexcusable” and blamed the calls on "having a buzz on” and being upset over a recent breakup.
13) Cheap ticket. At least he didn’t write him up for having a buzz on.
14) Him with a live mic and an opinion to share is a can't miss, especially if he has a buzz on!
15) His former girlfriend claims he "loves to drink" and always "has a buzz on".
16) And don't forget juice box wine--which was huge for about fifteen minutes a couple years ago, and remains so among certain crowds of stroller-slinging mommies who've learned that junior's antics are always more charming when mommy has a buzz on.
17) It’s basically a medium pizza rolled up into a calzone-style hot sandwich that drenches the wax paper and paper bag it’s delivered in with grease that should stop your heart. And when it’s -20 degrees in winter and you have a buzz on, it’s heaven.
18) You have to manage those nerves, but it’s not a bad thing to have a buzz on on that first tee.
19) I had a buzz on after the third martini.
20) The man had just finished his drink at the bar in the Hurricane Cafe and was leaving when he stopped and talked with the woman. The woman did not know the man, who appeared to have a buzz on.