"to have a field day"
to have a wild and uncontrolled time, often to the detriment of others;
to have a time of especially pleasant or exciting action
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I just found out that the boss wears a toupee.
Colleague 2: That's great. We are going to have a field day with that information.
Colleague 1: Imagine the jokes about baldness and "rugs" we can make. Is that Yul Brynner or is that the boss?
Colleague 2: Ha ha. Good one. And not to mention the fact that the boss will be so embarrassed.
Colleague 1: Could be months of fun before we wear out all the jokes.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I heard you obtained the cheat codes to unlock the entire game?
Friend 2: It is amazing. I'm having a field day entering hidden rooms and using massive weapons that I did not even know existed. I played twelve hours non-stop on Sunday.
Friend 1: I'd like to have some wild fun, too. Will you share the codes with me?
Having a field day, the five-year-old child used his markers to draw a picture on the living room wall.
1) ... loan sharks would have a field day with those people who would partake in business with those unscrupulous lenders.
2) ... experimenting with a permanent marker, decided to have a field day drawing on my hall carpet with a permanent marker.
3) Celebrities are constantly tweeting things they shouldn't and journalists have a field day every time it happens.
4) Creative photographers will have a field day imaging the swollen red sun "punctured" by the circular disk of Venus.
5) ... but any good trial lawyer would have a field day deposing the putative class representatives on the reliance and damages issues.
6) ... a computerized car is going to run over someone and some lawyer will have a field day.
7) ... blowing the problem out of proportion. Apple's rivals will have a field day with this.
8) Unscrupulous salespeople and outright criminals had a field day over the phone, and one made off with a $25,000 cheque for home ...
9) ... satisfied with his paycheck, he'd aparently scammed my Visa number and had a field day. A $2000+ field day that resulted in my having to cancel the card ...
10) ... individuals while isolating us. I can imagine Karl Marx would have had a field day predicting the impact the internet and web would have had on lives.
11) ... his nose has stayed the same size and width, the media has had a field day with making up stories about his appearance.
12) ... have been revealed to be idle, greedy and corrupt and newspapers have had a field day, exposing their bloated public sectors and how their citizens avoid paying tax.
13) ... privacy among conservatives who love to control women's reproduction and sexuality and had a field day back in the 90s with a certain president's indiscretions.
14) Nevertheless, science fiction has had a field day with the possibility of brain stimulated experiences. In movies like "The Matrix ...
15) ... what a circus that is now going on.. all while criminals were having a field day abusing the tax payers monies.
16) ... a little too warm for the subtropical autumn night -- the mosquitoes were having a field day.
17) The French gossip mags are having a field day at the moment researching the sex-life of Dominique Strauss-Kahn.
18) The commentators were having a field day with him and its zero good for his confidence.
19) Unfortunately because the man is dead the press are having a field day and taking advantage of the fact that the man can not fight back, ...
20) Does look better though, and the birds are having a field day (evening??) decimating the worm population.