"to have a fit"
to become extremely angry often shouting a lot
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: What's up with Stan? He seems pretty angry and upset. All that shouting is upsetting me.
Colleague 2: He just found out that he lost a huge account.
Colleague 1: And his reaction is to have a fit? That does not seem very professional.
Colleague 2: Stan has always been easy to anger.
Two parents are talking ...
Mother: How was your shopping adventure with little Sammy?
Father: Not the greatest. When I wouldn't buy him the toy he wanted, he lay down on the floor yelling, screaming and crying.
Mother: I should have warned you that he is going through a phase of having fits when he gets upset.
Having a fit and yelling and screaming is not the best way to express your anger.
1) ... if we don't get our way, well, we might just have a fit.
2) You don't need to be unkind. You don't need to have a fit.
3) ... because the country wants a leader, not someone who is going to have a fit every time that they don't get their own way.
4) ... you might want to tell them in advance, because they just might have a fit when they find a paperback instead of a shiny plastic toy.
5) ... for instance, would have a fit every time he experienced difficulties.
6) ... was going to quit the show. We heard how the actor had a fit when water tankers were brought to film a rain sequence for the show.
7) The passenger said Bernardez then had a fit and pulled out a gun from the foot well of the ...
8) I did insist, I had a fit, and I did end up seeing my baby in hospital.
9) ... and eventually had a fit and resigned from the selection committee.
10) Mandana refused. She threw a tantrum. She had a fit. She almost stomped her feet and wailed.
11) It was the reaction of a brat having a fit after being taunted in the playground.
12) Saturday morning saw Jayne having a fit because some house-mates had not got up when the lights came on.
13) ... indignation to excessive grandstanding. While it is alright to feel incensed, having a fit in front of the world would inevitably do us no good at all.
14) The usual suspects are having a fit just at the idea of it. Class warfare they call it.
15) That led to more chaos, with the aspirants having a fit. Things could have gone out of hand, ...
16) ... just says "no" and see how she reacts. If she has a fit over it, the answer is clear.
17) ... has a fit and rips the set apart.
18) Choosy about food If your child has a fit when you feed him/her spinach and insists on having fried potatoes for breakfast, ...
19) ... showy and short-tempered, and a ton of fun to watch when he has a fit.
20) ... is if the child gets mad, rebels, misbehaves, or has a fit, or something of that order.