"to have a good thing going"
to have or be doing something that is beneficial or successful
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I'm thinking about quitting my job. It is getting boring and I am getting stale.
Colleague 2: Why would you quit? You've got such a good thing going here. You are making a lot of money. You don't have to work very hard and you get six weeks paid vacation a year.
Colleague 1: I know I'm doing really well and am very good at what I do. I think it is just time for a change.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Have you heard about Amy and Kate's business?
Friend 2: I heard that they are getting far more orders than they can fill.
Friend 1: And they are making a lot of money.
Friend 2: I am glad to hear they have a good thing going.
Having a good thing going, she wasn't going to change anything that would jeopardize her ongoing success.
1) ... for the past thousand years but then again I guess if you have a good thing going, why change?
2) Friendships that last are the ones where you both recognise that you have a good thing going.
3) ... have a good thing going with their latest moneymaking scheme.
4) It was a simple argument to refute - we have a good thing going, we don't need promotion and relegation.
5) Everyone already assumes you are both married because you basically have a good thing going on. You have children together, you understand your roles in the relationship ...
6) Congratulations, you have a good thing going. Keep on doing what you are doing.
7) In general, if you have a good thing going, you can't wait for him or her to meet your friends.
8) Add to this running royalties, and we have a good thing going for Vringo over the next few years.
9) Santa does have a good thing going with his policies of universal gift-giving and reindeer-powered vehicles.
10) I think the Swiss have a good thing going. They have a large, fully trained standing army, ready to defend ...
11) You had a good thing going with the Gold Visa Debit Card and not charging international transaction fees.
12) ... her stubbornness doesn't get in the way she might realise we had a good thing going on and she just needs to chill out.
13) It seems car makers had a good thing going back in the 60s.
14) Why did you reveal yourself? You had a good thing going and you could probably be making a lot of Google Adsense money now if ...
15) The owners, Raintree Restaurants, had a good thing going there, but they felt it was time to offer something new.
16) We had a good thing going on, so we decided to record an album.
17) Writers had a good thing going with an awesome cast and messed up a great show with crap writing.
18) I had a good thing going and I really did love him for who he was.
19) We all know the story: Charlie Sheen had a good thing going at Two and a Half Men before he had a meltdown of epic proportions.
20) You had a good thing going and looks like you've shot yourself in the foot.