"to have a high time"
to have an enjoyable and exciting time
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I didn't see you at the year-end office party Friday night.
Colleague 2: I couldn't stand the thought of another boring office party.
Colleague 1: That's too bad because this year we had a high time. Everyone was dancing and talking and the company put out a really nice buffet.
Colleague 2: I am sorry I missed the fun.
A couple are talking ...
Wife: I am so glad that you convinced me to come on this vacation.
Husband: Even though you thought that because you are in a wheelchair you could not have any fun?
Wife: I am having a high time. Thanks for making me come.
Husband: I am glad you are enjoying yourself. I can't wait until we go dancing tonight.
Having a high time, the children forgot the time and stayed late playing.
1) ... man who pretends to be climbing the Alps, when he's really having a high time in Paris, drinking and dancing in Pigalle.
2) Apart from that, one can also have a high time in the motor boats on a payment of Rs100.
3) A dad will have a high time raising cash on a 10-mile sponsored walk – on a pair of stilts.
4) The actors have a high time with this, egged on by giggles from the production team and cast mates watching from the periphery.
5) Anyone who attends this stage adaptation of Sister Act should have a high time, because the easygoing fun is contagious, and the laughs are ...
6) At the time, it was billed as the first major time-share condominium in New York, where visitors could have a high time in the city at a relatively ...
7) ... fur trappers who had spent a year in the wild to sell their goods, make a little money and have a high time during rare contact with civilization.
8) You should've been there. You would've had a high time, I'll bet. They would've loved to have you there. We could've played music, oh boy.
9) Professional alarmists have had a high time of it since the outbreak of the global crisis almost a decade ago, but alarmism is not the preserve of ...
10) The superstar had a high time pumping up his body and toning himself to look like a wrestler.
11) George had two tickets waiting at the box office in Denver for his fan, who, by all accounts, had a high time at the show.
12) Carol Vorderman has had a high time over Christmas and it's not all down to her handsome boyfriend, former Red Arrow pilot Graham Duff.
13) The youths of this place had a high time with three Sabbath Schools holding picnics one on top of the other.
14) The children joined us and had a high old time pelting me with sucking candies, a symbolic stoning, [Rabbi] Klatzko explained, to remind me of the ...
15) The orchestra had a high time with it, readily capturing the snazzy studio orchestra style.
16) The men, in particular, had a high time in their various guises as courtiers and bandits with a thrilling rendition of the call to arms, ...
17) I was around age 5 or 6, and my older siblings were having a high time playing in a rain-soaked bog that had developed in our yard.
18) Her and her younger sister were having a high time one Friday afternoon shooting baskets and goofing around, and decided afterwards, to run ...
19) And are having a high time. I think they're having a brilliant time – they're really, really excited about the idea of adventure and are pointing ...
20) ... Clara are sort of celebrating this freedom that they have, to roll through time and space wherever they want to go, and are having a high time.