"to have a stormy brow"
to show by facial expression that you are upset or angry
Related words and phrases:
A classroom full of students was misbehaving when the teacher was absent. The students were yelling and running and throwing wads of paper at each other. When the teacher re-entered the room...
"He had a stormy brow."
The teacher was upset that the students had misbehaved in his absence. He showed his anger with a facial expression.
Johnny is a 14 year old teenage boy. His room is a mess. His grades in school are terrible. He talks rudely to his parents and teachers. He never does any work around the house. Johnny plays a lot of video games. Johnny's mother finds Johnny in the kitchen making a terrible mess. Johnny knows he is in trouble. His mother is standing with her hands on her hips and...
she has a stormy brow.
Having a stormy brow can cause the skin between your eyebrows to wrinkle.
1) I have a stormy brow when I am upset.
2) He does not have a stormy brow when the students misbehave.
3) Do we have stormy brows when we face the opposing team?
4) Do you have a stormy brow when you are angry?
5) You (all) have stormy brows when you (all) are frustrated.
6) They have stormy brows when they lose a large wager.
7) Does she have a stormy brow right now?
8) She has had a stormy brow in the past.
9) Has he had a stormy brow in the past?
10) I have had a stormy brow since this morning.
11) Have we had stormy brows since this morning?
12) He had a stormy brow all day yesterday.
13) Did you have a stormy brow yesterday?
14) Had you had a stormy brow until yesterday after school?
15) They had had stormy brows until yesterday after school.
16) He had had a stormy brow all day yesterday until after class.
17) Will you have a stormy brow later today?
18) You are not going to have had a stormy brow all day tomorrow.
19) Are you going to have had a stormy brow by the end of the day?
20) They are going to have had stormy brows by the end of the day.