"to have a way with"
to have a special skill or ability that allows you to be successful with something or someone
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I was struggling and struggling for days with the wording for my presentation. I just couldn't seem to articulate the core of the idea that I was working on. I asked Tammy for help and within an hour she had helped me to create a superb, clear, well-worded, concise script for my presentation. She is really good at expressing ideas.
Colleague 2: Without a doubt, Tammy has a way with words.
A mother has just arrived home from an evening out and is talking with the family babysitter ...
Mother: It sure is calm and peaceful in the house.
Babysitter: The children have been fed, cleaned their rooms and are now doing their homework.
Mother: You make it look easy. I usually have a tough time getting the kids to cooperate. You really have a way with children.
Babysitter: Thanks. I have lots of practice. I have five younger brothers and sisters.
Having a way with repairing motorcycles, she was able to fix up the old bike so that it ran like new.
1) The rare fashion designers that do have a way with words possess a kind of superpower as brand builders.
2) ... is rather nice, as is the gramophone! The British did have a way with their top-of-the-line machines.
3) ... empathetic and insatiably curious. Does this describe you? You have a way with people, some people might call you charming .
4) Not everybody is attractive and have a way with opposite sex (or not). Some people are shy and can't ...
5) ... but St. Francis of Assisi and I have something in common. We have a way with animals. My first pets were twin kittens.
6) You do have a way with that camera of yours. A way that makes everything dreamy and beautiful and ...
7) Most definitely, they both have a way with the grotesque that makes even their clumsier critiques seem fierce and strange.
8) Let me handle this. I have a way with authority figures, they tend to like me.
9) Look at me, the children love me, I have a way with them.
10) Copywriters have a way with words and a good one can sell almost any product through written language.
11) This is such a sensitive and mature piece of work. Rohan has a way with his documentary participants that really extracts the right amount of emotion and he balances ...
12) She has a way with metaphor that's delicious, meticulous and elegant. The comedy is precise with ...
13) Google has a way with getting the most out of its knowledge workers - a notoriously anti-hierarchical bunch.
14) Yamaha has a way with details and the combination of the quality of the wrap with the neat, ...
15) Everybody in the business will tell you he has a way with horses, a magic touch.
16) Yes, that's a good option but not everyone has a way with lines and not everyone is as talented and lucky as ...
17) ... a worldly, handsome, devil-may-care poet who has a way with words that makes him irresistible.
18) She has a way with people and that certainly helps her get ahead of the rest in life.
19) He's clever, that is for certain, and he has a way with words. No surprise at his popularity. He has a gift for ...
20) She has a way with children that make them get engaged and stay engaged through the session.