"to have a yellow streak (down your back)"
to be cowardly
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Andy was so excited to try skiing for the first time. He was talking about how he was going to "conquer the slopes". How did he do?
Friend 2: Not so well. When it came time for his first run down the hill, he showed a yellow streak down his back.
Friend 1: What do you mean?
Friend 2: He wouldn't go. He was too afraid.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Joe is such a big burly fellow. He seems so rough and tough. Who would have ever thought he was afraid of a little spider.
Friend 2: I definitely hadn't seen his yellow streak until now.
Having a yellow streak, he screamed when a spider crawled on his bed.
1) ... they start to show their true Bully personality... panic, fear, a yellow streak and cry for justice... just as long as their victims are punished.
2) Nothing worse than being owned and then switching topics. it denotes a yellow streak down your back.
3) Politicians and it seems to me that the House of Commons has a large yellow streak running through it.
4) ... he would be mad enough to fight. That men were showing a yellow streak.
5) Julian Assange is a coward with a yellow streak a mile wide.
6) Among some posters I detect the yellow streak of the same appeasement which plagued the pre-war Tory Party.
7) This was an abject performance from the man in the yellow shirt with the yellow streak up its back.
8) He also cites those who felt Fletcher showed a yellow streak during the Wake Relief Expedition
9) ... is enough to have scared away any Republican with the slightest hint of a yellow streak.
10) What is your greatest fear? Wilkins admitted it was a particular piece of fruit that set off his yellow streak.
11) Sadly we now have a governor with a yellow streak and will capitulate to these brain dead unions.
12) I for one am happy to acknowledge a wide yellow streak down my back that keeps me from even watching videos of these risk takers.
13) The neutered man syndrome goes right along with the yellow streak they've got going up their back...... slither away dudes, just slither away.
14) Cameron was so desperate for debates in 2010 & now runs away from them with a very visible yellow streak a mile wide down his back.
15) Labour's leader has a yellow streak down his back a mile wide.
16) I'd take my cape off if he took the yellow streak off down the middle of his back. You know that streak? It means a gutless streak.
17) ... military to double down and scare the living daylights out of the bad guys, rather than show their yellow streak to enemies and friends alike ...
18) He doesn't get much help from psychological welfare officer Robert (Johnny Harris), who seems a bit of a weasel with a yellow streak.
19) I choose to occasionally call out the cowards, if only to briefly shine a big, bright light on their little yellow streak.
20) Showing its yellow streak, Exxon in recent months decided to pull out of Poland after coming up dry on its first two shale exploration wells there.