"to have an affair"
when a person, who is married or in a committed monogamous relationship, has sex or an intimate relationship with a person other than their partner
Related words and phrases:
Grace has arrived home in the middle of the day. It is a Wednesday and usually Grace works until 5 o'clock. Grace discovers her husband, Ned, in bed with another woman. Grace becomes very upset and angry. She screams at Ned ...
"I can't believe this! How long have you been having an affair? How long have you been cheating on me?"
Ned reports that he has been having an affair for over a year.
Nancy and Patricia are talking over coffee. They are talking about Nancy's husband, Michael ...
Patricia: What's wrong, Nancy?
Nancy: It's Michael. He's been acting strange for a couple of months.
Patricia: What do you mean?
Nancy: He says he has been working late at night but when I phone his work, he is not there. We have not made love in months and I found a lipstick stain on the collar of his shirt.
Patricia: I hate to say this but do you think Michael is having an affair?
Having an affair can ruin your marriage.
1) I have an affair when I cheat on my spouse.
2) You have an affair when you are bored with your relationship.
3) He has an affair if his wife loses interest.
4) She has an affair when her husband has an affair.
5) We have affairs when we go out of town on a business trip.
6) You (all) have affairs when you (all) fall in love with other people.
7) They have affairs because they are men and cannot control themselves.
8) A person does not have an affair because he is fulfilled.
9) There's one sign that you're about to have an affair. That's when the clothes hit the floor.
10) There are times when we as individuals are more likely to have an affair than other times.
11) There are as many reasons to have an affair as there are affairs.
12) The husband did in fact have an affair, but the California court refused to honor the couple's agreement.
13) An abusive spouse drove one of them to have an affair and, eventually, get the courage to ask for a divorce.
14) It's one thing to have an affair and feel bad about it. It's another to feel completely okay with it.
15) After election Clinton then went on to have an affair with Monica.
16) Your options are to get a divorce and find someone else, have an affair, or just deal with having a crappy sex life.
17) My husband had an affair 8 years ago. It took 4 years for him to end it.
18) The tabloid also said Southwick had an affair with her son's baseball coach in 2008.
19) Wasn't Eisenhower rumored to have had an affair with his secretary?
20) A husband and wife contracted that if the husband had an affair with another woman, he would pay the wife $50,000 on top of the divorce.