"to have someone's back"
to be willing and prepared to unconditionally defend and support someone
Related words and phrases:
Three colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I really believe that this is the best way to move forward. I'm going to take it to the boss and tell him clearly that this is what I believe.
Colleague 2: Even though you know the boss is opposed to this?
Colleague 1: Yes, because it is best for the company in the end. I will need some support when I face the boss.
Colleague 2: We've got your back. We'll come with you and help defend your position.
Colleague 1: Thanks.
Three friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I'm going to divorce my husband. Things are so bad between us and I am so very unhappy.
Friend 2: But your husband is such a good man. Are you sure? Maybe you should keep trying.
Friend 3: Yes. It can't be that bad. Maybe you are doing something wrong.
Friend 1: Wait a minute. I thought you two were my friends and would have my back. I was relying on your support.
Having your back is your best friends responsibility.
1) ... cover for you on occasion when it's really important and have your back in any workplace conflicts.
2) At the end of the day, family will always have your back.
3) We shall support you. We shall have your back.
4) Building alliances and making sure the right people have your back is a core element of the Game of Thrones narrative.
5) Trust us that we have your back, that we will be there for you and support you along the way.
6) You know that you team mate will have your back.
7) have been displaced from their homes I want you to know that we have your back. You will be supported.
8) Knowing you have a close circle of people that have your back and who you can talk to about anything is incredibly comforting.
9) We love you had have your back if you need anything.
10) No matter what happens I'm going to have your back.
11) ... my brother is that he's always there for me, he always has my back.
12) I always have confidence in my team. My team always has my back.
13) Nobody has my back, I am going to get blamed so I better keep some powerful allies.
14) She supports me like three-thousand percent. She has my back for the whole event.
15) ... eye of a gathering storm and if ever there was a time to have his back, that time is now.
16) ... know that I was there for him and that I'll always have his back.
17) ... an incredible informal support system around him. People who love him and have his back. People who have taken him into their lives, into their families.
18) It's the community where people have always had her back.
19) She thinks Kenya's family should have had her back and come to the door and taken a stand on Kenya's behalf.
20) She says her mum and dad always had her back, helping her look after the kids when she was battling to make ends meet.