"to have someone's word"
to have a promise from someone
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I see you went ahead and made a huge order for raw materials.
Colleague 2: We need the inventory in order to produce the next huge order.
Colleague 1: I didn't see a contract.
Colleague 2: I have our customer's word that the contract will be signed by the end of today.
Colleague 1: You had better hope that our customer keeps his promise or we could be in trouble with a huge over-stock of raw materials.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: You know that I am moving this weekend, right?
Friend 2: Yes.
Friend 1: Then you hold to your promise of bringing your truck and helping me?
Friend 2: You have my word.
Friend 1: I am relying on you.
Having his word on the deal, I went ahead and ordered the necessary inventory.
1) They have my word that they'll be getting great value.
2) I will always fight to save the centres. You have my word.
3) The moment it is, you have my word that we will update this post with an edit of it.
4) ... your families proud of our company and all we stand for. You have my word on this.
5) However, you have my word that how every cent is spent will be posted here.
6) ... and never acted as his secret agent. "And we only have your word you didn't send it," Dungey said.
7) Can I have your word that you will not enter either a formal or informal agreement with ...
8) I would like to have your word because I am doing this based on trust and putting everything in ...
9) ... more money in the envelope than he said there was? We only have his word (which we know can't be trusted) ...
10) We only have his word for it, however, as his detached, philosophical interactions seem more alienating than ...
11) ... notes over a four-year period about psychotic episodes and that the jury only have his word for it that he was hearing voices.
12) That event isn't televised, we only have his word for it that it even exists.
13) ... have reached out to all the top personalities that we are honouring and have their word that they would be around.
14) ... new cars are as hack-proof as possible. Of course, we only have their word for it. The problem is that no system can be completely secure.
15) stealing if you do not pay. If someone forgets, we only have their word that they intended to pay. Maybe they did. Or maybe they get a ...
16) ... but I have their word they are not going to do anything.
17) They have my word we're going to get down there as quickly as we can.
18) You have my word that we will keep drilling everywhere we can... That's a commitment that I ...
19) But you will not be left out. You have my word.
20) He fled oppression once. And you have my word that I'll fight every day to protect freedom here, ...