"to have time on your hands"
a period of time when you have nothing that you have to do;
a period of idle time
Related words and phrases:
Two friends have met on the street and are talking ...
Friend 1: Hey, I thought you had English class right now.
Friend 2: We were supposed to have a class but it was canceled.
Friend 1: Oh well, since you have some time on your hands, would you like to go for a coffee?
Friend 2: OK. I don't really have anything better to do.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: What are you doing?
Friend 2: I'm building a model of the Eiffel Tower using matchsticks.
Friend 1: You have got way too much time on your hands!
Friend 2: I don't have a job right now so I have a lot of free time.
Having time on your hands can be relaxing and enjoyable.
1) I have some time on my hands between now and my next meeting.
2) You have too much time on your hands if you can watch TV all day.
3) He has a little time on his hands as he waits for the dentist.
4) She has some time on her hands as she has arrived early for her date.
5) We have a lot of time on our hands now that we have won the lottery.
6) You (all) have some time on your hands now that you(all) have retired.
7) They have time on their hands until the next job starts.
8) Sleep is a luxury for rich people that have idle time on their hands.
9) Maybe it's just one person with a lot of time on their hands, liking the page over and over again.
10) I'm sure there are millions of people with some spare time on their hands now.
11) I had a lot of time on my hands after I quit drinking.
12) With the extra time on my hands, I'm trying to get back into doing more illustration.
13) I have plenty of time on my hands and have gone back to posting every day.
14) Got way too much time on my hands sitting here waiting for my computer to do its job.
15) If you have a few hours of spare time on your hands, this site is quite extensive on the subject of " Creation and Flood Myths.
16) You have way too much time on your hands. At least the internet has provided a way for you to keep yourself busy.
17) He even has more spare time on his hands now that he's stepped down as chairman of the Livestrong Foundation.
18) Paul has too much time on his hands, based on all the " letters to the editor " he has sent.
19) The injury meant Mark had extra time on his hands, so he took the opportunity to attend a synagogue.
20) He probably has plenty of time on his hands these days, since he's not making much of an impact in Sacramento