"have to lump it"
to rudely inform someone that they have to accept a situation whether they like it or not
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I can't believe that we are supposed to just accept a ten percent pay cut.
Colleague 2: The company is in trouble. Would you rather accept a pay cut or lose your job?
Colleague 1: Well, since I really need this job, I suppose I will just have to lump it. I suppose that I can deal with the idea of less money, somehow.
A mother is talking with her child ...
Child: But I don't like this food.
Mother: Too bad. It is all there is. You'll have to lump it. You will sit there and finish your meal.
Child: And if I don't?
Mother: You will be sitting there all night.
Having to lump it, he sat down, stopped complaining and proceeded to wait.
1) ... and table a budget saying, "You'll have to lump it, this is the way it's going to be".
2) Sir, that's all we have this season, you'll have to lump it.
3) ... what's happening and you have no say in the matter, you'll have to lump it. Harldy a genuine negotiation where both parties were happy at the outcome.
4) ... not my rules but it is part of football now you'll have to lump it.
5) We have to lump it, coal will remain the main fuel for world electricity production with international trade ...
6) You have to lump it, that is what it is.
7) That's just you, and people have to lump it. It's your life.
8) And that is my general outlook on life..... You have to lump it kind of attitude. I don't mean for that to sound bad mannered ...
9) ... but to leave now, they are now being told they "have to lump it". Not a nice phrase..... not a nice thing to be told ...
10) Finally, 'you have to lump it' describes a way of leadership decision making that is unilateral, non-consultative, ...
11) ... presented with a fait accompli which effectively says to them, "you have to lump it".... promises were made in the past, after all, and we ...
12) That is just a fact. A plain and simple fact. They'll have to lump it.
13) ... to tell Kirsty he's going to the party and she has to lump it. Will he put his foot down?
14) ... some handy evidence for dissident republicans that nothing has changed. They have to lump it, the constitutional question is at the heart of politics here.
15) It is your wedding, you set the rules and people have to lump it, you wouldn't tell them who to invite to their wedding so they ...
16) This is not passive read & take it, you have to lump it: this is interactivity.
17) ... smokers like myself will choose to or choose not to smoke. You'll have to lump it.
18) Social media is the future, we have to lump it.
19) You'll have to lump it, you simply can not ignore Facebook and the power it draws.
20) ... and those who object have to lump it. They don't need to leave.