"heart isn't in"
to not be interested in, enthusiastic about, believe in, or support something
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: The annual company picnic is coming up soon. Are you excited to be organizing it again this year?
Colleague 2: Not really. After having organized it for the last five years, my heart really isn't in it this year.
Colleague 1: Getting tired of it are you?
Colleague 2: Yes. It is time for a change.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Didn't a squirrel just run past your dog?
Friend 2: Yes.
Friend 1: I thought your dog loved chasing squirrels?
Friend 2: He sure used to but now that he has gotten older his heart isn't in chasing squirrels anymore. He seems to have lost all interest in chasing anything, really.
There is no gerund form for heart isn't in.
1) Running a marathon when you're heart isn't in it is not a good idea. If you have a nagging injury, even a minor one, forget about a marathon.
2) I keep trying to start a stealth job search but my heart isn't in it. I really want to fix the company rather than just running away.
3) Should I go on this dream holiday knowing my heart isn't in it anymore or let him waste all of the money he's spent on the trip by cancelling?
4) Over the years I have arranged therapists and psychiatrists and physical therapy for him, and he will go a few times, but his heart isn't in it.
5) And that, not unreasonably, may be enough to persuade them that his heart isn't in retail, that he's not committed to it as a career.
6) But do you keep playing if your heart isn't in it? I don't think you do. I was waking up and going to training thinking 'I don't want to be here'.
7) ... become one of those people who do something just for the sake of it and everyone can see through you and realize your heart isn't in it.
8) If his heart isn't in it or he doesn't want to race, he should sit out.
9) You won't try to be patient, because your heart isn't in the work. You won't care to travel to impoverished parts of world and provide medical ...
10) People can always tell if you're not honest or if your heart isn't in it.
11) For the most part, they were disappointed. “Her heart isn't in it,” says one observer. “Someone who was more invested might have done more.”
12) If your heart isn't in this job, either step down, or step out, so you can leave with your integrity and maintain your integrity before we have to take ...
13) All the science in the world won't help you lose weight if your heart isn't in the game.
14) What do you do when your heart isn't in it anymore? Life, work, love, when the flame is flickering and threatening to burn out, ...
15) If your heart isn't in it, it's not what you want. You don't go into it for the money, I promise you that.
16) If your heart isn't in public service, it's not going to work for you. I don't get to get paid. I do it because I want to.
17) On the other hand, if your heart isn't in it, don't feel the need to politicize what you do.
18) ... taken some “trial runs”—looking at smaller homes and discussing what we might need to discard—it is clear that my wife's heart isn't in this.
19) Entrepreneurship takes hard work, and you'll be far less likely to put in that work over the long haul if your heart isn't in what you're doing.
20) He either wants to play for us or he doesn't. If he has to “think about it” then his heart isn't in it.