"to have a heart of stone"
having or showing no kindness or sympathy for other people
Related words and phrases:
Two volunteers are talking ...
Volunteer 1: Can you imagine? The guy is a billionaire and all we need is fifty thousand dollars to keep the orphanage going and he wouldn't give a penny.
Volunteer 2: He has a heart of stone. These poor orphans have suffered so much already. Hard to imagine that he doesn't feel any sympathy towards them.
Two roommates are talking ...
Roommate 1: I've got a real problem. My car broke down this month and I had to go to the dentist because a filling fell out. As a result of these unexpected expenditures, I'm going to be a little short on my half of next month's rent. Could you please help me?
Roommate 2: Your personal problems and finances are none of my concern. I'm not giving you any money. Ask your parents or something.
Roommate 1: You have a heart of stone.
Having a heart of stone, the man refused to give a donation to the orphans.
1) May He forgive me for having a heart of stone with which I regarded their fate.
2) I've learned not to waste my time on people who have such hearts of stone that they can't see past their bad experiences.
3) But those judges with hearts of stone, Oh, how cruel they be to send us poor young lads to ...
4) Can ethics fashion the man with a heart of stone anew, so that he becomes compassionate, ...
5) Today, people are soul dead, with hearts of stone, without natural affection, cruel and ...
6) I'm a guy with a heart of stone. I don't cry at sappy movies.
7) But, and this is a big but, he was also a narcissist with a heart of stone who treated loyal employees like garbage.
8) ... they can't believe that the slaveholders have such hearts of stone towards their slaves as to treat them with great cruelty.
9) If an unjust, judge with a heart of stone can be moved by the persistent prayers of a widow, ...
10) But it is intimated by many that he was an uncharitable, unfeeling wretch with a heart of stone.
11) ... she has learned to be practical, even if it has made her appear to have a heart of stone.
12) We don't need the bible to tell us that there are evil men with hearts of stone in control of our world.
13) Many people have such hearts of stone that it takes a tragedy to make them receptive to ...
14) If you find this to be inhuman and having a heart of stone, I find you to be naive and presumptuous.
15) ... allow you to go and visit your mothers, and thinking that I have a heart of stone because I do not let you go.
16) ... because you're just doomed to be an angry, bitter person with a heart of stone. In other words, a big loser.
17) You would have to have a heart of stone not to be moved by such a spectacle- either because of the struggle the child ...
18) You come across as proud, close-minded, having a heart of stone and unloving.
19) Passing all the beggars in the street without feeling any sympathy shows that he has a heart of stone ...
20) Bill has a heart of stone and does not care how Nick feels.