the best or most enjoyable or most interesting part of something
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How was your trip to Tibet?
Friend 2: Amazing. There were so many sights and sounds and tastes that were so incredible, it is hard to keep it all straight in my mind.
Friend 1: That's great. If you had to pick the very best moment of the trip, what would it be?
Friend 2: Without a doubt, the high point of the trip was getting to meet the Dalai Lama.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: You missed the staff meeting this morning.
Colleague 2: Ya, I got stuck in traffic. What did I miss?
Colleague 1: Well, the coffee fund is doing well. The recycling program ...
Colleague 2: Could you please just give me the high points?
Colleague 1: There were only two major issues of interest. One is that the department is going to undergo a major restructuring and the other is that parking will no longer be paid for.
There is no gerund form for high point.
1) ... not a comprehensive accounting of your life's work. Instead, a resume hits the high points.
2) ... a real shame because this show is turning out to be one of the truly high points of my acting career.
3) There are several high points on this disc, songs that will stand with the best of Steve Earle ...
4) ... his unit participated in a month-long recovery mission that he regards as one of the high points of his career.
5) When Wii reached its high points, it was because those were the moments where Nintendo really delivered on this ...
6) This was the funniest episode in a while and a high point in what is shaping up to be a surprisingly strong season overall.
7) I can never thank them enough. This was probably the high point of my childhood.
8) Nora sets off a couple explosions -- stuff going boom is honestly the high point of the episode -- and the group is easily able to rescue Mia.
9) ... the one time when he says this and actually means it is the emotional high point of the whole movie.
10) a show of my father's collection of Native American art. This was the high point of dad's career as a collector.
11) I really miss your products; they were the high point of the 1980s for me.
12) ... a reprisal of the classic brawl that marked the first film's high point -- and the epic battle has taken its toll on the actor.
13) ... her Esquire column, back in the early' 70s, which was definitely the high point of that job.
14) ... Live Aid benefit concert, " One Vision " is easily the album's high point. Other standouts include the majestic swirl of the title track, the beautiful ...
15) You might say that my honorary Oscar was a high point in my life, but it actually represents to me the worst thing I ...
16) In fact, don't be surprised if this is the absolute high point for him in both the popular and electoral vote projections this year.
17) This is surely a high point in Biden's long history of verbal gaffes.
18) ... and places you could get a massage. For many, it was the high point of the day.
19) Baltar's trial was a dramatic high point for the series, but the logic behind it was a little tortured.
20) This was a high point for me because I really wanted him to have fun with us.