"hit and run"
1) an accident where the driver of a car strikes a person or another vehicle and speeds away without admitting to the deed or stopping to help
2) involving an attack by a military group in which the group leaves immediately after attacking
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Where is Janice this morning?
Colleague 2: She is in the hospital. She was hit by a car after work when she was crossing to the car park.
Colleague 1: I hope she is not too badly hurt. The driver of the car must feel terrible.
Colleague 2: We have no way to know. After hitting Janice with the car, the driver drove away. It was a hit and run.
Colleague 1: That is a serious criminal offense.
Two war veterans are talking ...
Veteran 1: I still have nightmares about the hit-and-run offensive attacks the enemy used to use when we were in the jungle.
Veteran 2: Me, too. It was very frightening to just, all of a sudden, have an enemy unit appear, attack for ten minutes and then just disappear. We never really had a chance to fight back or make a concerted effort in defeating them.
Veteran 1: And then we never knew when they would just materialize and strike again. It went on and on, over and over. It is a miracle we won that war.
Hitting and running is how most guerrilla warfare occurs.
1) Most driving offenses, such as hit and run, reckless driving, and driving under the influence, are designated as
2) ...the cost of jail, court appointed lawyers, police costs, like the Mexican hit and run driver who hit my daughters car, had no license, no insurance ...
3) ... advantageous in a edged weapon fight. His reach and speed would let him make hit-and-run strikes while the fray is thickest, while still dodging incoming strikes.
4) ... in a meeting when she got the call that her kids were involved in a hit and run. Strickler said school buses have stop signs for a reason.
5) ... after authorities found the damaged blue van. Teshale was charged with one count of hit and run in Fairfax County. Additional charges were pending.
6) The leftist hit and run tactic looks juvenile and appears that you have a weak argument.
7) I know that this is about lifetime change, not the "hit and run" diet approach I've done all my life.
8) ... we're following incidents in Maryland (hit and run fatality where the driver drove for miles with the victim's bike underneath ...
9) My son got killed by a hit and run driver in October of 2008 while riding his bike in Texas.
10) You've got to take different approaches. I'm busy. One hit and run contact attempt is going to get pushed to the side.
11) After a day-long manhunt, police arrested an alleged hit-and-run driver who killed a man and injured another pedestrian in Williamsburg Thursday.
12) ... is charged with vehicular battery, being involved in a hit-and-run accident that injured another person, drunken driving and underage possession or consumption of ...
13) ... the terrified flight of a hit-and-run driver whose fate was sealed at the moment of his deed.
14) ... rallied at an intersection where a pedestrian was killed in a hit-and-run last month to demand safer conditions in that city.
15) The pair have been drafted in to carry out a hit-and-run against another government agency and their target is being held in one of the upper ...
16) This was not, he thought, typical hit-and-run gangland violence.
17) ... being amused at having gotten away clean with killing a man in a drunken hit-and-run and just kept on killing to see how far he could push his luck.
18) Leaving the scene of an accident in which you are involved could result in serious criminal hit-and-run charges. You must stop to assess the situation even when the accident involves ...
19) ... determined a light green Toyota Prius, model year 2004-09, was involved in the hit-and-run by evidence left at the scene.
20) ... was primarily concerned about hit-and-run raids on the West Coast rather than a massive amphibious invasion.