"to hit it off"
to very quickly, upon meeting, become good friends
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How did it go last night?
Friend 2: You'll never believe it. I met a woman and we liked each other on first sight. As soon as we started talking, we realized that we had so very much in common. We ended up talking for more than four hours and we are going to see each other again today.
Friend 1: Glad to hear that you hit it off so well with your new friend.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Well, how was the job interview.
Friend 2: Excellent. The interviewer and I talked the same language. We found that we talked easily and honestly and had a lot in common right from the start. In fact, we hit it off so well that I was offered the job on the spot.
Friend 1: Well done!
Hitting it off, we went to the pub for drinks.
1) They told me we made a great couple. We really hit it off. At closing time I gave her the key to my hotel suite.
2) The two instantly hit it off, recording four songs in the their first six hours of working.
3) Another former-Navy man was an astronomy geek, just like me, so we hit it off instantly.
4) He was one of the guests and we really hit it off. We spent a lot of time talking and getting to know each ...
5) She met this guy and they hit it off. He acted really interested in her. They had an amazing connection.
6) Hi, I just met this guy online last night and we hit it off. We exchanged numbers and talked about getting coffee on Tuesday.
7) ... but Mara and Nia hit it off from the start and Nia moved in with us about 10 days after ...
8) We hit it off, and talked currency and governance and politics and history for three hours.
9) Her name was Ashley. We hit it off right away, it seemed. We would talk for hours on end.
10) We started talking though and really hit it off. We went on a date the next day and today she is ...
11) Jamie approaches Leah and the pair end up sharing a kiss after hitting it off.
12) I am increasingly frustrated because I don't seem to have the knack of hitting it off with girls. I don't have the looks, intelligence, or ...
13) She is very attractive and smart and we had no problem hitting it off. We went out for a date on the same night we met.
14) We have been corresponding for awhile now and we seem to be hitting it off very well.
15) There is enough nearby that you can walk to if you and your date are hitting it off. If you don't hit it off? Ditch that broad and ...
16) ... played by the effortless Vera Farmiga, with whom he instantly hits it off after catching her eye at a plush stopover bar.
17) We started talking, hit it off, and she started calling and texting me. We hung out and ...
18) The boss and I hit it off, and I got the job.
19) So there was this girl and we hit it off huge, getting all our own jokes and talking for hours and stuff ...
20) One guy in particular contacted me and we hit it off. Turns out we do similar things, but on separate continents.