"to hit the ground running"
to be immediately ready to work when a new activity starts or becomes available
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I think we are going to have to get up really early tomorrow if we want to beat the long-weekend traffic.
Friend 2: I agree. Let's get everything packed, loaded and ready tonight. That way we can hit the ground running in the morning.
Friend 1: Just wake up and go, then. We can grab a coffee on the way.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: What are you working on?
Colleague 2: I'm getting all the information prepared for the new customer account.
Colleague 1: But we haven't even got the customer yet.
Colleague 2: That's OK. If we do get the customer, we will be ready to hit the ground running.
Colleague 1: Good idea. I'll get a few things ready as well.
Hitting the ground running, the team assigned to damage control began work as soon as they were called.
1) ... with recommendations to allow him to hit the ground running when he joins the force in the coming months.
2) Her advice for anyone doing the same? " Hit the ground running. Reach out to people there and take them for coffee or a drink ...
3) ... to face in the next six years. We can expect him to hit the ground running. The people have high expectations of him -- too high.
4) A re-elected coalition government will hit the ground running next week with a report on the impact of the Brexit and talks with ...
5) India could not have hit the ground running then in any case, because it too had long been divided and under ...
6) But he hit the ground running and scored many goals in his first full season, ...
7) I want you to hit the ground running come June 30. I will be out by then.
8) ... or terms of the emergency powers they have in mind so we can hit the ground running as soon as session starts.
9) ... who recruits Rolls-Royce's Masters intake, looks for applicants who can hit the ground running: "It is a competitive market," she says.
10) He hit the ground running by announcing a slew of measures, including constituting a committee to revise and ...
11) But I intend on hitting the ground running and continue to build relationships on a personal level.
12) If the sun was up, he was up hitting the ground running until it was time to go bed.
13) Despite Munster hitting the ground running with two converted tries, ...
14) ... be prepared? Presidential transition is all about hitting the ground running.
15) ... three games in a week, so it will be a case of hitting the ground running.
16) Sunday Times on May 29, 2016, with the headline 'Tsai hits the ground running in her 1st week'.
17) Instead, this first issue hits the ground running, kicking off with a sick riff on time-travelling homicide.
18) ... administration has assured the incoming administration of enough funds to make sure it hits the ground running on June 30.
19) ... is aiming to finish the negotiations on seat-sharing among themselves quickly before it hits the ground running ahead of the coming Assembly polls in May.
20) As the front-running contenders hits the ground running in New Hampshire, they leave behind several candidates ...