"to hit the road"
to leave a place;
to begin a journey
Related words and phrases:
A couple are talking at their wedding ...
Husband: It's getting late. Perhaps it's time to leave. We don't want to miss our flight.
Wife: But the party is so much fun. I don't want to hit the road yet.
A family is getting ready for a weekend at the beach ...
Girl: I am so excited to get to the beach. When can we leave?
Mother: We can hit the road as soon as everything is packed in the car.
Hitting the road on your way to the cabin with your friends is lots of fun.
1) In this series, rule-breaking restaurateurs, Ludo and Krissy Lefebvre, hit the road in their Subaru Outback to open their pop-up eatery for one-night culinary stands ...
2) They will soon hit the road for a world tour in 2013, which will kick off in London ...
3) Like me, she hated small town life and was planning to hit the road the moment she graduated.
4) I had set up some scheduled posts, but once we hit the road, I changed my mind and delayed them into the new year.
5) It's pretty scary to tell potential clients to hit the road under those circumstances.
6) If you don't like it, please hit the road.
7) ... they were and since it was coming up to 5pm, I really needed to hit the road. Driving in rush hour traffic is very stressful for me.
8) She says she hit the road in completely uncertainty as to how she would make a living.
9) One unique pleasure of my job is to hit the road, to visit the great people and places of Utah.
10) This Labor Day weekend an estimated 33 million Americans will hit the road.
11) Every work-day we have tens of thousands of people hitting the road to get to work and back, wasting time, resources and quality ...
12) If Dad's had one too many brews at the barbecue before hitting the road, cue the kid alarm.
13) ... is still one of the most budget-friendly ways to spend your summer vacation, and hitting the road to explore Americas back roads is a ton of fun, too.
14) ... departure we were up by 0500 to put the final preparations to our bikes before hitting the road.
15) ... so why not take advantage of it by getting behind the wheel and hitting the road for a few days away?
16) Producers want a fresh cast, from leads to chorus, for when the show hits the road later this year.
17) ... where the veteran actor plays a widowed retired actuary who hits the road in a Winnebago.
18) As public angst grows over gas prices, President Obama hits the road today in hopes of reinvigorating ...
19) He steals one of their packs and hits the road to Louisiana ...
20) Cleveland hits the road to take on the Philadelphia 76ers on Sunday night at 6 p.m.