"to hit the sack"
to go to bed
Related words and phrases:
It has been a big long day for young Aaron. He played in the park all morning. He played outside all afternoon with his friends. Now it is eight o'clock at night and Aaron is sitting at the kitchen table. His eyes are almost closed and his head is slowly descending toward the table. Little Aaron is almost asleep. Aaron's mom tells Aaron that ...
"It is time to hit the sack, young man. You are falling asleep at the kitchen table."
It is midnight. Bruce and Victor have just finished watching a movie on television ...
Victor: Look, the next movie is Dawn of the Dead. Do you want to watch it?
Bruce: I don't know. I'm pretty tired. I think I'll just go to bed.
Victor: OK. Go ahead! Hit the sack! I'll just watch the movie by myself.
Hitting the sack can feel very good after a long hard day.
1) I hit the sack when it is time to go to bed.
2) You hit the sack if you are tired.
3) He hits the sack every night at 10pm.
4) She hits the sack every night at 10pm.
5) We always hit the sack early on nights before games.
6) You (all) hit the sack when the lights go out.
7) They hit the sack if their mothers tell them to go to bed.
8) Needed to film the next day, had a shot of vodka and hit the sack.
9) We got back to the hostel just before midnight and hit the sack only to be introduced to Anna's snoring.
10) I have been finding it harder to get to sleep and although I hit the sack early, I tend to lay there and ponder stuff.
11) I'd better hit the sack, she'll be at the front door soon enough for her early morning feed.
12) After a long day, Monika and I hit the sack by about 9:00 p.m. in order to rest up for the next day.
13) We hit the sack at a reasonable hour (10:00!) and drifted off into merry slumber.
14) Subtract at least 7 hours from when you want to get up and hit the sack then.
15) Mosquitoes bite more often at sundown before most people hit the sack.
16) If I eat or don't eat certain foods before I hit the sack, it could make all the difference to a peaceful nights sleep.
17) If Travis did nights in London we'd be less inclined to hit the sack with a good novel quite so regularly.
18) By 11 I was ready to hit the sack so we could be up and get out and about the next day.
19) People in small towns generally hit the sack earlier as everything closes by 8:00 P.M.
20) It was time to hit the sack after one huge day!