"to hit the trail"
to leave a place;
to begin a journey
Related words and phrases:
A couple are talking at their wedding ...
Husband: It's getting late. Perhaps it's time to leave. We don't want to miss our flight.
Wife: But the party is so much fun. I don't want to hit the trail yet.
A family is getting ready for a weekend at the beach ...
Girl: I am so excited to get to the beach. When can we leave?
Mother: We can hit the trail as soon as everything is packed in the car.
Hitting the trail on your way to the cabin with your friends is lots of fun.
1) In this series, rule-breaking restaurateurs, Ludo and Krissy Lefebvre, hit the trail in their Subaru Outback to open their pop-up eatery for one-night culinary stands ...
2) They will soon hit the trail for a world tour in 2013, which will kick off in London ...
3) Like me, she hated small town life and was planning to hit the trail the moment she graduated.
4) I had set up some scheduled posts, but once we hit the trail, I changed my mind and delayed them into the new year.
5) It's pretty scary to tell potential clients to hit the trail under those circumstances.
6) If you don't like it, please hit the trail.
7) ... they were and since it was coming up to 5pm, I really needed to hit the trail. Driving in rush hour traffic is very stressful for me.
8) She says she hit the trail in completely uncertainty as to how she would make a living.
9) One unique pleasure of my job is to hit the trail, to visit the great people and places of Utah.
10) This Labor Day weekend an estimated 33 million Americans will hit the trail.
11) Every work-day we have tens of thousands of people hitting the trail to get to work and back, wasting time, resources and quality ...
12) If Dad's had one too many brews at the barbecue before hitting the trail, cue the kid alarm.
13) ... is still one of the most budget-friendly ways to spend your summer vacation, and hitting the trail to explore Americas back roads is a ton of fun, too.
14) ... departure we were up by 0500 to put the final preparations to our bikes before hitting the trail.
15) ... so why not take advantage of it by getting behind the wheel and hitting the trail for a few days away?
16) Producers want a fresh cast, from leads to chorus, for when the show hits the trail later this year.
17) ... where the veteran actor plays a widowed retired actuary who hits the trail in a Winnebago.
18) As public angst grows over gas prices, President Obama hits the trail today in hopes of reinvigorating ...
19) He steals one of their packs and hits the trail to Louisiana ...
20) Cleveland hits the trail to take on the Philadelphia 76ers on Sunday night at 6 p.m.