"hook, line and sinker"
to completely and without reservation believe and accept something
Related words and phrases:
Two union negotiators are talking while on a break ...
Negotiator 1: I can't believe these negotiations are going as well as they are.
Negotiator 2: Interesting how the company spokespeople didn't even question our threat to go on strike.
Negotiator 1: I know. They just bought the threat of strike hook, line and sinker. They must be really worried about a strike.
Negotiator 2: Let's wrap up the deal as quickly as possible before the company has a chance to change their minds.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Did you get into trouble last night for getting home after curfew?
Friend 2: Not at all. I made up some story about the car getting a flat tire and then discovering that the spare tire was also flat and having to walk five kilometers to the nearest service station.
Friend 1: And your parents believed the story?
Friend 2: Hook, line and sinker. In fact, they even applauded me for keeping my cool and being resourceful.
There is no gerund form for hook, line and sinker.
1) Sixteen million voters swallowed that promise hook, line and sinker.
2) Only mischief makers will buy this story hook, line and sinker. How and why would the Jonathan's government refuse assistance on the Chibok matter?
3) ... my money now, here's how to get me, hook, line and sinker: Sell me all those old games I loved, playable on this new device.
4) ... that their tale of woe will be bought hook, line and sinker by a judge, who will probably award them damages for a ...
5) ... those who swallowed the razzle dazzle of the relationship, hook, line and sinker should brace up for disappointment once again, ...
6) ... problem of Valentine's but it seems women have embraced it hook, line and sinker. My view is that men should embrace this day.
7) ... for they have swallowed hook, line and sinker, the Green Party's hard-left, high-tax agenda.
8) The NCCL appears to have bought this argument hook, line and sinker. None of this is recorded in Harman's autobiography.
9) And to think we assumed this guy had swallowed hook, line and sinker our message in the Thought Experiment. Boy, were we wrong.
10) And the girls fall for it hook, line and sinker... The men know exactly how to build dependence.
11) Once you read this headline you believe it hook, line and sinker. It is not like that.
12) ... targeting parameters are spun out as yarns; many clients fall hook, line and sinker for these.
13) ... the buyer must not believe all what the seller told him hook, line and sinker because if there is /are defect (s) on the property the seller will ...
14) ... harm that could be done when they swallow the Putin story hook, line and sinker. But then thinking clearly doesn't have much to do with it.
15) I fell for it hook, line and sinker. He said it had to be done before Christmas and he pressured me into ...
16) ... it's like they have swallowed what the government is saying hook, line and sinker because the data we have clearly indicates it's too early to tell what is ...
17) ... model the TSA uses in America will most likely be copied hook, line and sinker and imported here for the legislature to approve. And they probably will.
18) They bought his nonsense, hook, line and sinker. Simple solutions can make voters feel good; but presidents rarely keep their promises.
19) ... saddening and frightening that even high-ranking public figures have swallowed hook, line and sinker the fantasy that the Duterte administration has been weaving.
20) We are made to accept everything hook, line and sinker without any room whatsoever for questioning the status quo.