"I told you so."
I warned you in advance of this bad (usually) outcome.;
I was correct in predicting this bad (usually) outcome.
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How is that used car you bought working out?
Friend 2: It's in the repair shop. It needs five thousand dollars worth of work done on the engine and transmission. I think that I shouldn't have bought that particular car. The price seemed far too low.
Friend 1: I told you so!
Friend 2: I know. You warned me. I should have listened.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Did you go ahead and submit that report even though I told you it wasn't ready?
Colleague 2: I gave it to the boss yesterday and this morning I was in deep trouble for submitting such an incomplete report.
Colleague 1: I told you so. I knew that report wasn't ready.
Colleague 2: I know. I should have listened to you.
There is no gerund form for I told you so.
1) ... isn't in vain. You hope to one day say, "I told you so!" to those people who didn't listen.
2) I was shaking my head in disbelief and then also wanted to say "I told you so" when that particular information was used against her.
3) Before those of you who are thinking "I told you so."... stop thinking it. This is not the same as ...
4) Being able to endure 'I told you so' is one of the essential requirements of a successful marriage.
5) We here at Future of the Internet will refrain from saying "I told you so" about the prospect of Macs only running applications from the Mac App ...
6) some folks who got in early, and they can go around saying, I told you so. (Laughter.) We knew this guy was going to make ...
7) I told you shutting doing Strasburg was a mistake! I told you so! But you wouldn't listen, would you?
8) Proponents can relish the victory and say, "See, I told you so." All opponents can do is just shake our heads.
9) ... you must remember that you will never be able to say 'I told you so!' since the alternate decision was fully explored.
10) If Europe goes down the tubes and drags us along I get to say I told you so on that one too.
11) How about a quote from someone saying "I told you so, those really were fads!"
12) It's too early for any side of this debate to say "I told you so."
13) Alignment of planets causing sever weather! Druids would have said I told you so but morden mann wouldnt listen and finds his own doom.
14) Too bad we can't just sit back and say "I told you so" without all the bad happening to us too.
15) ... pounce on the banks, more regulations, more finger pointing, more of I told you so by the pundits, white house and members of congress.
16) ... still a tiny bit ahead of schedule overall. So screaming, "I told you so!" might be a bit premature without a bit more due diligence.
17) Now I'm shaking my head and saying "I told you so" to people regretting their choice.
18) If George Carlin is rolling in his grave, George Orwell is saying "I told you so". He just got the year wrong.
19) ... in 20 years check this post and I'll say "I told you so".
20) I get to be distracted with all my futile efforts while you sneer "I told you so!"