"if all else fails"
what you can do if everything else you have tried has been unsuccessful;
a last resort
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How are you doing with raising the money to start your new business?
Friend 2: Not very well. I have seen three banks already and none are willing to take the risk.
Friend 1: Any other plans?
Friend 2: There are a couple of other options, but if all else fails, I will ask friends and family for money.
Two mechanics are talking on the shop floor ...
Mechanic 1: How are you doing getting that machine running again?
Mechanic 2: I have been running diagnostics for hours.
Mechanic 1: Have you tried the control fuse?
Mechanic 2: Of course.
Mechanic 1: Can you think of any other tests you could try?
Mechanic 2: I've tried everything.
Mechanic 1: If all else fails, you could replace the machine.
Two friends have just assembled a new computer ...
Friend 1: Have you done this before?
Friend 2: A couple of times.
Friend 1: Then why isn't the computer working?
Friend 2: I'm not sure. I've connected everything correctly. I'm not sure what else I can do.
Friend 1: Well, if all else fails, you could read the instruction manual.
We join a business meeting in progress ...
Executive 1: What's going on with the new product?
Executive 2: Sales are far below expectations.
Executive 1: Have you tried everything that was planned for product merchandising?
Executive 2: Yes, and a few more ideas after that. The product is failing.
Executive 1: Well, if all else fails, we will have to discontinue the product and write it off as a failure.
Two accountants are working ...
Accountant 1: How are you doing with getting the books to balance?
Accountant 2: Not very well. I have been stuck for hours.
Accountant 1: If all else fails, reload the last backup and start over.
Two lawyers are talking ...
Lawyer 1: How is your case going?
Lawyer 2: Not very well. I've tried everything I can think of.
Lawyer 1: Well, if all else fails, take the loss and then win in the appeal.
Being ready with "Plan B" in case all else fails is a wise strategy.
1) Or, if all else fails, you can't go wrong with the original.
2) And if all else fails, ask directions.
3) If all else fails contact your Internet service provider (ISP).
4) If all else fails, talk to your own supervisor or human resources staff about the challenges you are having.
5) If all else fails, you can always transfer.
6) If all else fails, just watch what everyone else is doing.
7) We respond with protests and product boycotts, or if all else fails there's always writing to your elected representative.
8) That should do the trick if all else fails.
9) If all else fails, hit it with a hammer.
10) If all else fails, I play a game for a while to relax.
11) There comes a point in life, where one must be prepared if all else fails, to fight for what is right.
12) We will have revolution before that happens. If all else fails, secession is the only alternative.
13) And if all else fails, it's easy to fall back on the good company and great atmosphere.
14) They'll most likely help you. If all else fails, tell the CR on the phone that you're going to file a report.
15) Never mind that, if all else fails, those birds will spread their wings and fly.
16) And if all else fails we can always entertain ourselves by shopping for cheap stuff made in China at Wal-Mart.
17) If all else fails, turn off TV and read a book.
18) If all else fails, I would hope that your candidates would be willing to sit down for interviews
19) If all else fails, call the police.
20) It's really that easy. And, if all else fails, pray for me and my family. Lord knows we could use it!