"(to be) in a fix"
to be in a difficult situation or position
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: We've had three people call in sick with the flu already today.
Colleague 2: That puts us in a bit of a fix, doesn't it?
Colleague 1: With more customers coming in for meetings than we have staff to cover them, yes we are in a difficult situation.
Colleague 2: I suppose we will have to call and cancel some of the appointments.
Colleague 1: I hate to do that to customers. It doesn't make us look very good. Let me see if I can come up with some way to fix this problem.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I'm in a fix. Can you help me out, please?
Friend 2: Sure. What's up?
Friend 1: I've got to go out of town unexpectedly on business and I have no one to look after my dog.
Friend 2: No problem. I've still got a key to your place. I'll swing by after work and pick up your dog and take him to my place.
Friend 1: Thanks. I owe you one.
Being in a fix, he had to ask friends for help.
1) If our data center were on the Jersey Shore, we might have been in a fix. CrashPlan is engineered for redundancy.
2) And I think that now they find themselves in a fix because there's been this mass of publicity campaigns to make unions seem evil.
3) I'm really in a fix trying to figure out which one is best for me, so I was hoping ...
4) ... who knows when that abandoned mine will become handy shelter in a fix.
5) ... US real estate prices stopped rising. This left millions of households in a fix. They could no longer borrow against rising house prices because housing was going down.
6) ... do you really want your uncle putting himself in a fix to fund your business?
7) I was in a fix and needed money. My family was expanding, we needed new furniture so ...
8) So small employers will now be in a fix. They must either provide "affordable" coverage or risk losing talent
9) We are still in a fix. That's because there is no magic-bullet energy source out there that will enable ...
10) ... but I couldn't trust or rely on them when I was in a fix. On the flip side, I've had guy friends that are always helpful.
11) Lent money to employees who found themselves in a fix. I've probably done this 200 times, and I almost always get paid.
12) A few weeks later, Foster found himself in a fix when Andrea Bocelli was unable to attend rehearsals for the 1999 Grammy Awards.
13) The solution: If your boss is in a fix and needs your help, stepping up is the right thing to do and can ...
14) Offer to watch your child when you are in a fix, even if they have more than a handful of their own.
15) This put us in a fix, particularly regarding finding a place to stay for the night.
16) ... but doesn't normally act as the chef, unless they are in a fix and he's really needed.
17) ... resorting to crime is the only recourse for any character who finds himself in a fix.
18) ... absolutely understand that the whole team leaving at once is leaving the company in a fix, but I also can't have Jack defaming me.
19) This means middle-income mothers are caught in a fix -- on the one hand they face pressures to stay at home with their children ...
20) You may also find yourself in a fix when you're billed for the operating costs of the building from three years ago