"to be in a pickle"
to be in a difficult situation where the solution is unclear or difficult to do
Related words and phrases:
Jimmy is standing beside his motorcycle on the side of the road talking on his cell phone:
Jimmy: Mom, I've run out of gas.
Mom: That's too bad son. Why don't you walk to the nearest service station and get some gas?
Jimmy: I don't have a container for gas.
Mom: I'm sure the service station would lend you one.
Jimmy: But I don't have any money.
Mom: I suppose that you're in a bit of a pickle then, aren't you?
Two students are talking ...
Georgia: Did you study for the exam?
Frank: I sure did! I stayed up until two o'clock in the morning studying History.
Georgia: I guess you're in a pickle then because today's exam is Geometry.
Being in a pickle isn't a very pleasant situation to be in.
1) The move, which violated agreements with Palestinians, put Obama in a pickle.
2) Yes I know NEVER go there for paint but I was in a pickle.
3) He's got himself in a pickle with the racism issue though.
4) Santorum got the students in a pickle because polygamy is, unlike gay marriage, still a taboo subject.
5) What WILL put him in a pickle is the possible collapse of the Chinese real estate bubble.
6) I suspect at the very least they know they're in a pickle, and a sour one at that.
7) I'm currently looking to buy my first road bike and I'm in a pickle as whats best to buy.
8) They have put themselves in a pickle, and they now have to find a way to reduce the actual doping controls.
9) I do agree they are in a pickle and the export revenue is all they have left.
10) That George Osborne, of all people, should find himself in a pickle over sitting in a first-class compartment with a second-class ticket is almost too good to be true.
11) You know interviewees are in a pickle when they interpose the discussion with his name.
12) It's not covered by Law and you'll get yourself in a pickle.
13) However, the Commissioner lands himself in a pickle of his own when he calls his wife a pain in the butt.
14) Haywood also steps up to cut off Ariza's drive, leaving Ariza in a pickle.
15) You guys are definitely in a pickle on this one, best of luck.
16) Ashley says that she is in a pickle. Frank tells her he isn't telling her what to do.
17) It just went further than you thought it would, and now you're in a pickle, because he's probably seen the thread and isn't enjoying it much.
18) I used to freelance write. I'm in a pickle with my own theme.
19) Face it we are in a pickle and the all they talk about is a sex scandal.
20) As such we are obviously in a pickle and the question is; what do we do about it?