"(to be) in the blood"
to be an innate component of a person's character or personality
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Donald sure is ruthless in his pursuit of excellence. He will not let anyone or anything get in his way. It does not seem to matter who gets hurt or left behind. Do you think he was born that way?
Colleague 2: Probably. It is in the blood. I remember his father at the same age. He was just as ruthless.
A couple are talking ...
Husband: You are such an early riser. Don't you ever feel like sleeping late?
Wife: Not really. Both my parents were early risers and all my grandparents were the same. I suppose getting up early in the morning is just in the blood. I don't think I could sleep in even if I wanted to. It is innate.
Being in the blood, he was very ruthless in business.
1) ... relative somewhere down the line and you have some rebellious beer swilling underdog in the blood too.
2) ... need to, but I know you won't stop... this is in the blood.
3) ... just like your father and his father, so it runs in the blood.
4) I don't believe that you are quitting. You can't, its in the blood, its the air you breath, its what you think about before you go ...
5) ... the family corner store, it was probably because the family business was in the blood and had been passed down through generations.
6) I know football is in the blood. He would probably happily coach till he dropped down dead.
7) ... he may be out of the business loop, but it's still in the blood, something he's proud of even with his clean-cut military hero demeanor.
8) Fortunately, Black is a shrewd filmmaker with franchise-writing ability in the blood, but also, he wrote and directed the excellent Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.
9) I hope he plays. I believe it's in the blood and that he wants to play. But that doesn't guarantee anything.
10) But for someone who has football in the blood -- his dad, Mike, played at USC and for more than a decade ...
11) Most people had generations of home ownership in the blood that believed that housing bubbles didn't exist.
12) ... the decision to kill is a few steps away. Some had it in the blood, some didn't - yet they all participated.
13) Intelligence doesn't factor into it, it's just in the blood.
14) My dad was an alcoholic. The addiction part is in the blood. What I've learned to do is arrest my addiction.
15) I learned it as a child. I have had it in the blood from the beginning.
16) The fuel began before I was born. The abolitionism in the blood began at least as early as the 18th century, when my Quaker ancestors stood ...
17) ... elders talked them over around winter firesides. The romance of them was in the blood; I thrilled to the lure of adventure which had led my forefathers westward from ...
18) Birds have always fascinated me. I believe it's in the blood. Both of my grandmothers were fond of birds.
19) Real estate is in the blood thanks to a realtor for a mom and a property developer/landlord for a dad.
20) I had time, but Mom pleasantly surprised me... apparently marketing runs in the blood, too. This woman is a marketing machine!