"in the end"
after all things are considered
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: That was a pretty rough presentation we gave this afternoon. Two of the slides had spelling mistakes and there was one chart missing. It also did not help that I fumbled the lines a couple of times.
Colleague 2: I guess the quality of the presentation didn't really matter in the end. We made the sale.
Colleague 1: You're right. Ultimately, the point of the presentation was to make the sale.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Which cell phone did you end up buying yesterday?
Friend 2: Well you know that I have been analyzing the pros and cons of both phones. I decided phone One had the best features.
Friend 1: So you bought phone One?
Friend 2: Actually, in the end, when I factored in the price, I ended up buying phone Two.
There is no gerund form for in the end.
1) ... panels, accent sleeves and fine tailoring and are reversible. In the end I believe the story I am trying to tell is in the fashion.
2) ... obviously coaches make a lot of moves throughout the game but in the end it's the players on the field that are trying to organise and do different ...
3) ... got within four points but in the end lost their composure.
4) ... to fight, hoard deals, hide deals or game the system. In the end, your sales team will most likely behave the way you pay them to behave ...
5) I think about the fact that it may have crossed his mind that in the end I had perhaps left him as I promised I would never do.
6) ... and ultimately we lose. What China is demonstrating is, in the end, ultimately, the law will not help.
7) ... but couldn't get hold of him and in the end had to leave a message with a mutual friend in Suffolk who was going to ...
8) In the end, they lost the game, but not before they made some ...
9) These devices get you thinking about fitness, but in the end, it's your decision.
10) ... disclose the relationship as soon as it became more than casual. In the end, she left our employment and is doing extremely well elsewhere.
11) ... but I really think it helped in the end because I performed my best.
12) ... more than 700 pages in length, and one that, unfortunately, in the end taxes the reader's patience and respect for its author.
13) Technology is only ever a enabler to Processes, which in the end have to be adopted by People.
14) If we do not overcome the current issues, we will lose them and in the end, hurt our tourism industry.
15) ... worked very hard to put together these recommendations, and I think that in the end we're going to have a stronger profession and even better reputation.
16) ... introducing specials and making sure we knew regulars' first name. In the end, all these little details added up.
17) What it comes down to in the end is poor communication.
18) ... the satisfaction of seeing it a complete success before he passed on. In the end, he had accomplished what he set out to do.
19) But in the end, Moore simply could not forgive the repeated and well-documented transgressions of her wayward husband.
20) While entertaining at times, in the end it is a waste of all our energies.