"in the flesh"
actually physically present;
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: You know, I have worked here for just over three years and have had more than thirty video-conference meetings with the CEO but I have never met him in person.
Colleague 2: Well, that is going to change. The CEO is scheduled to fly down next week to attend our "Top 100" meeting.
Colleague 1: I will look forward to meeting the CEO in the flesh then.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Is that what I think it is? Have you finally installed your sixty-inch surround-sound video entertainment system?
Friend 2: In the flesh. I have just put the finishing touches on it and it is ready for our viewing and gaming pleasure.
There is no gerund form for in the flesh.
1) He told her they could not harm one another unless they were in the flesh or else their energies were opposite poles.
2) After a week of my father in the flesh, I had decided that I preferred his more distant image.
3) But again, that's all on paper. Seeing the Nets operate in the flesh, though, is the only way we'll get concrete answers to any of ...
4) ... white and sparsely populated. I didn't meet a black person (in the flesh) until I was 18. I had only seen them on T.V.
5) When he spoke to people in the flesh, he could never tell what had put them off, his message or his ...
6) I neglected to tell you that I very much enjoyed meeting you "in the flesh," and that you now seem to me to be a very gentlemanly fellow.
7) ... out-of-touch. He lives in a world apart, psychologically as well as in the flesh.
8) ... some friend of a friend, not some news story, but live in the flesh and we saw the families too.
9) ... in pursuing questions about the lives of animals we'll sadly never observe in the flesh. Dinosaur reconstructions often begin and end with bones.
10) ... and Glenn were looking at and, there he was, Steve Jobs in the flesh. I was wondering how long he had been there as Ron made a brief ...
11) What can I say.... I have real life friends and family in the flesh. Unlike Dumbgirl whose life is all wrapped up in bloggerland.
12) In the main corridor, Steve Kates sits in the flesh, broadcasting live from an uncovered banquet table where his guest leans into the microphone.
13) ... were bitterly disappointed when they were informed that Sherlock Holmes had never existed in the flesh.
14) If you're unable to get proof in the flesh, give your parents a virtual version.
15) I'm the girl under the rock still reading books in the flesh. Don't tell anyone, but I don't even have an e-reader.
16) ... is the least photogenic person I know. She is a lot prettier in the flesh than in the flash.
17) I went there and for the first time saw Capone in the flesh. He was wearing a white silk shirt with his monogram, no tie, ...
18) All in front of my peers in the flesh, on stage, and there is nothing that I can do about it.
19) The "real thing" being actual people, in the flesh.
20) To see the prints 'in the flesh' was revelatory. It is not possible to overstate how good they are ...